Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Small problems with sliced content

Hi,

I'm confronted to two small problems that I wish to avoid:

1) I use shapes with layers. When I hide a layer, the sliced pictures contain the content from all layers, no matter they're hide or not... How I could avoid that please?

2) I use a border (1px) with my shapes. I slice them to keep only the center of the shapes but the sliced pictures always contain the border. I want to avoid the borders of the shapes because I want to define them with stylesheet (web design).

Is there any solution? thanks in advance

Default Re: Small problems with sliced content

1) This doesn't happen for me. Could you explain your workflow method in a little more detail?

2) You can convert lines to shapes (found in the 'arrange' menu) to avoid a border being applied to sliced edges.
    Of course, you will loose the fill of the shape once you convert lines to shapes, so you will need to play with cloning a new shape sans border, or create a lower level shape that is larger by the size of the border you wish to show. (See FilledOpenShape in my sig for the mould tool method) Then you can slice the composite (grouped) shapes without a border being applied along the sliced edge.

I try to reproduce my problem in the including file.

Layer 1: i draw a blue shape with red border.

Layer 2: i draw a white shape without border

Layer 3: i draw "tryit" sliced shape to fill the blue shape only (not the red border)

When I export ("Export image in slices") to tryit.png I have the red border from shape in layer 1. If I hide the layer 1 the red border is not included. When I use "Convert a line to shape" the problem still happen: red border when I export, except if I hide layer 1! I don't understand why..?

When I try the filledopenshape method and to export i have a small black border in top and right...

The yellow shape exported give me a small white line on top and right too and the size of 100x100 become 101x101. Please, what i'm doing wrong with slices and cuts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	result.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	43528  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Have you tried creating a 'bitmap copy' and then slicing?

Just export the selected shape. Ensure your selected shape is whole pixels... ie 100X100 not 100.1 X99.4.

For example. The attached graphic is a 100X100 "slice" by using a transparent 100X100 square with a transparent border. The original image is a 768X960 drawing. I just exported a true color dithered gif with no transparency... which takes the entire contents within the "invisible" square and exports em...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Just to save any confusion:

.gif cannot be saved as a 'true color' image - it is constrained to 256 color pallete only.

True color is the specification of the color of a pixel on a display screen using a 24-bit value, which allows the possibility of up to 16,777,216 possible colors.

GIF = Graphic Interface designed by CompuServe for using images on line. This is a 256 color or 8 bit image.

You are quite right there Sledger... I was tired, didn't eat my wheaties, just playing dumb, didn't think about what I was saying, I am a complete idiot, umm all the above, your choice.

I meant non-transparent, 256 color error-diffsion dithered to get the slice the way I did... Sorry for the confusion.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Lahoreh,

I can't directly answer your question at the moment, but there is a tutorial I wrote about the Name gallery (the link is in my signature at the bottom) which you might have read. In section 2.3.2, there is a discussion about exporting images in slices which could help you. The problem you have could be related to the method you are using to slice images, and the few pages in the tutorial may help you figure out a solution.

Xhris

Thanks for your answers! I will check that deeply later but I think i find a solution using a new method to slice from Xhris's tutorial. Good work and it was very usefull for me. Thanks