Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Using XaraX1 with ACDSee etc.

Personally, I like to see if someone could convince or colloborate with Google so that Picassa would recognize and display the thumbnail or, better yet, utilize Xara's old browser viewer.

On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

[QUOTE=doane]I don't mind paying for updates, if they are major revisions, but thiers always seem to also be adressing some problems as well that should be fixed with patches.

That's because Corel is in charge of the program now. Need I say more...
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE

Adobe Bridge does a great job of displaying a wide varity of thumbnails but unfortunately only comes as a part of Creative Suite 2. I checked the following file types and it displays .xar, .x3d, .ai, .cdr, .cvx, .pdf, .svg, .wmf, .emf, .psd and the usual bitmap format thumbnails but not .cmx.

[QUOTE=wW]
    Quote Originally Posted by doane
    I don't mind paying for updates, if they are major revisions, but thiers always seem to also be adressing some problems as well that should be fixed with patches.

That's because Corel is in charge of the program now. Need I say more...
    No, I haen't heard anything about that... ACDSee Systems is headquarted in Canada, like Corel, but not related to Corel. A few years ago ACDSee Systems did take over Deneba, the company that used to make Canvas.
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA1155 Intel Z68 ATXMOB - Intel core I7-2600 3.4GH LGA 1155 - 16gb DDR3 SDRAM - Corsair CX750M PS - GeForce GTX650 2GB - SB X-Fi Extreme Music
    Master C: Crucial 200GB SSD - Master D: 1.0 TB - E: 24x DVD/CD R/RW - F: Crucial 275GB SSD - Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1