Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Error when loading *.TIF file using PSP 10.1

Hello all,

I need some help, please. I am currently working with a satellite image which is in TIF format. The size is huge, almost 300 MB.

About a month ago, I managed to open it in my desktop (Pentium 5, 1 GB RAM, with Windows XP Professional and Office 2003), with Corel PSP 10. No problem. I could also open the file with "Microsoft Office Document Imaging File" software (?).

Then today, somehow, I don't know what I did (or automatically happened) with my PSP 10, it disallows me to open the file!! I got an error message that says: "An error has occurred while trying to read from file". The Microsoft Office Document Imaging File still okay to open the file, but not PSP10. I need to do some screen capture with PSP10 for my working image area.

Prior to having the error, there was some automatic updater that did something and kept popping up, and I think I clicked 'cancel' and my computer froze for a while, etc. I had to reboot it a couple of time.

When the problem persists, I uninstalled PSP10 and reinstalled it. I even uninstalled Corel Photo Album as it competes with "Microsoft Office Document Imaging File". However, after the uninstallation and reinstallation, and I even updated the PSP10 to PSP10.1, the problem still persists.

Then I tried to open it with my laptop (which has less memory, 512 MB RAM), the same problem happens. The PSP10 version that is installed in my laptop is 10.1.

Can anybody please help me? I really need to work on this satellite image.

Thanks in advanced.

Lemuru
    IP

Default Re: Error when loading *.TIF file using PSP 10.1

Try installing the other updates.

PSP X has 3 updates: 10.1, 10.2, 10.3. Download the files - don't use the automatic update feature - and install the other updates in the proper order.

Let us know if the problem persists.
    IP