Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Do you use any social networking websites?

Voters
140. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I use MySpace

13 9.29%
  • Yes, I use Facebook

31 22.14%
  • Yes, I use another service

9 6.43%
  • No, I don't use any social networking sites

87 62.14%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Do you use any social networking websites?

Hmmm, and where as Magix owns Xara... this means they also own their servers..... Does anyone know if there was an agreement made, regarding TG, i.e. (use of the server)?? Maybe just a silly question but, we all know these types of things happen in aquisitions.
    I only pose this question, as Remi's post may make some here wonder about the future of this site?? Do we need to be concerned?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    you get "points", whenever you post something . Discussing in a forum in order to get "points" is silly (in my eyes), but it seems that they believe in such "marketing instruments".

Remi
    Yes, that idea has always seemed very juvenile to me. I remember it from the days of bulletin board dial-ups, where you had to contribute to the bulletin board before being able to download from it. I thought such stuff had died a death.

All those years ago one of the local radio stations used to broadcast computer programmes when they ceased normal transmission, so you could download software to a tape recorder. Ah the fun days..

Paul
    IP

I think there are questions that could be asked. At the moment there seems to be no reason for any concerns about the future of TG.
    However Remi's response is the kind of thing I was poking the stick around for. While I thank Remi for posting & spotlighting my motives, I was hoping to summon a remark from Webmaster/Xara/Magix...

At least one other forum has expressed an opinion

But we are straying off the topic.... Moving on now
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I think there are questions that could be asked. At the moment there seems to be no reason for any concerns about the future of TG.
    However Remi's response is the kind of thing I was poking the stick around for. While I thank Remi for posting & spotlighting my motives, I was hoping to summon a remark from Webmaster/Xara/Magix...

At least one other forum has expressed an opinion

But we are straying off the topic.... Moving on now
    Just one more digression - as far as I know the link you provided is the only official confirmation that a Mac port of Xara is underway..

I think any concerns about the future of TG are a bit premature and the unlikely loss of TG would certainly provoke major unhappiness amongst the Xara community.

Paul
    IP

Sledger, I'm surprised to see you ask who this Webmaster is.
    I thought the mods would have some form of contact with Webmaster beyond just these polls.
    Some forums have a (hidden) moderator/admin board where all the mods/admins discuss stuff for themselves and e.g. make decisions on what to do with certain people that have broken the forum rules (warnings, temp-bans, perma-bans...)
    All this time no one said anything about this and I just assumed the mods, admins and webmasters all know eachother etc.
    IP

The webmaster was changed when AntonyF changed careers and was no longer working for Xara Group Ltd.

To my knowledge the new webmaster has not contacted any of the moderators.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

What's that Jack Lemmon thing about assuming..

Well I've tried to ferret him out in this thread at least. ...oh well I guess it's possible that the webmaster simply hasn't returned since posting this Poll.
    IP

It just occurred to me that Antony may have warned the new webmaster about this lot and frightened the person away from contacting us
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    It just occurred to me that Antony may have warned the new webmaster about this lot and frightened the person away from contacting us
    And who could blame him.. ;-)
    IP

Risto took over for Antony.... would he know?? I'm sure we'll hear from him on this soon This should be split to a new thread though
    IP