Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question question about the April 2007 button tutorial

I am having a problem with the tutorial on page 5. The top instruction on linear filling the rectangle is not working with version 3.2.4 of xtreme. For some reason the bevel is not independent of the object below it.
    The instruction say to hold down the crtl key on the bevel and the select the fill tool. The fill tool say the fill is a bitmap and if a change it to linear it make the bevel opague.
    I am I missing something or is this a problem with the updated program?

Thank you.

Default Re: question about the April 2007 button tutorial

Janet,

I think you're missing something - I'm using 3.2.4 and it seems to work for me, although I haven't done the entire tutorial, just enough to add the linear fill to the bevel.

The instruction says "Hold down the Ctrl key and click the Selector Tool on the bevel on the smaller rounded rectangle. If you look to the left of the status bar at the bottom of the screen it should read 1 Bevel on Inside ...." Check what you're doing carefully, what the instruction said and what you said are different.

I suspect that a previous step has been done wrong, you may have to start again and check all your steps - Sorry
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hello Janet and welcome to the Xtreme Conference.

Yes, you need to hold down the Ctrl key and at the same time click on the beveled part of the object with the Selector Tool. This will select just the beveled part of the object.

If this does not help, let us know. My instructions are not always as clear as they could be.

Gary

I figured it out, I had to magnify the work area to see the bevel so I could select it.

Zooming in is always a good idea.

Gary