Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Real Time 3D globe on Google homepage

I'm looking for any opinions on interactive 3D online.

I'm in a small independent team and we have just completed an interactive 3D globe for iGoogle +add to Google to see it.

We really need some feedback - so any comment or opinion will be most welcome, whether about this globe specifically , or about 3d online in general.

So where do we think web 3D is going? is this going to be the next big thing?
    I'm looking forward to hearing some response from the graphics community, and also to hear from artists who have tried this in the past. - who may have some tips.

thanks in advance
    aarkid

edited: the problems are now fixed and globe now shows day night (directly on the surface) ,local time, and weather forecast for any city.
    Last edited by aarkid; 20 November 2007 at 11:21 PM. Reason: fixed weather data feed

Default Re: Real Time 3D globe on Google homepage

I like it and would use it if it worked in Opera 9.24 - but it only shows anything to do with London, though no weather information?

With FF 2.0.0.9 all I see is: "Information is temporarily unavailable."

I managed to get it to understand that I wanted local time etc. in Toronto, but it never loaded and the weather was unavailable. Even with my DSL connection it seemed really slow. I'm afraid that in its present state it seems completely unusable and almost a waste of time. I like the idea, but not enough to wait for it to do anything. Sorry.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Apologies - the server that supplies the weather data was down for 24 hrs
    it's now fixed. phew!

The globe shows day/night in realtime on it's surface, and (now) you can click on any city to see the time and weather there.

Thanks for trying it, we will be adding another 200 cities which you can choose to show or hide individually by going to the settings.

once it's set up - google remembers the settings for next time you visit.

so again apologies for the temporary glitch in weather feed, but it's now working fine!

Ok somehow your globe has the time in Boston and Reykjavik as the same time. Somehow Boston is really wrong.

Apart from that, it seem to be working much better
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.