<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AlexL:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael:
<snip>(like resizing objects without moving their centrepoints or selecting objects with a given colour)<snip> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Try holding the shift key down when resizing for your first point.

If you open the name gallery, open the "used colours" folder, you can select all objects that have a specific colour - should resolve your second point.

Does that help!?

AlexL <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I knew all these tricks and, certainly, the namegallery is a great tool, but you can't select object with the amount of control like Illustrator. (What I'm dreaming for is a "search and replace function" like wordprocessors. Find me all blue-ish cicrcles and replace them with pink stars...)

Shift-resize is ok for a single selected item, but select two items and resizing in that manner results in the items being resized toward a common centrepoint, and not each item being resized to its own centrepoint.
This is a tremendous feature of Illustrator and not very familiar with every user.

If it could be implemented in Xara X2 it would goive that app a great bonus. Now, if only a more sophisticated way of defining lines could be found, Xara would come close to Illustrator (and more sophisticated means: definable dash patterns, linestart and lineend arrows (which are fully exportable and do not get rounded like the cuurent exports)

But, Charles is right when coining the phrase Graphic application instead of vector app. And I must confess that I'm inclining to use Xara if I want fast results. But with the cuurent speed of development of processorpower and the huge differences memeorysize has coupled with the ever decreasing prices of RAM, it makes me wonder if Xara can hold it's own.

I wish it could, but I'm also very realistic.