Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What's the special tool in xara xtreme !?

Hi all ,

Can anyone tell me what are the tools to use in Xara xtreme with which you can select in a smart way a part of an image and crop it, in other softwares we may find such as "freehand selection" , "smart scissors", " magic wand" etc...I have downloaded a trial of Xara xtreme before i buy it and i am still testing it,but in the demo movies they dont mention such a tool !

Can anyone help please ?

Thank you for your support .

Default Re: What's the special tool in xara xtreme !?

Thre isn't one. The tools you are refering to are from bitmap editor software such as photoshop etc. Xara is a vector application.
    Is the image you are trying to select a part of a bitmap? If so you would be better off taking it into photoshop or similar (the gimp .. free to download) where there are tools that help in the selecting of areas of an image.
    In Xara you would have to manualy trace around the area you wish to remove and then select your mask and the image and then >arrange
    >combine >slice which would cut out the selected area of the bitmap beneath the mask.

However, as you are aware Derek, the Shape editor makes a much better job of cropping than any of the "magic" tools that the others have, and it's non-destructive.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hi

I think you are asking exactly the same question here as you did in your thread of three days ago:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...652#post229652

If by 'smart' you mean without drawing round the area to be selected, then as Derek said, there isn't one - xara, like most vector programs, doesn't work that way I'm afraid.

Shape editor tool is the nearest you get - and it is very quick and easy to use, given practice.

At the sake of repeating myself - did you watch egg's video on youtube? [link given in other thread]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sorry Steve, hadn't realised this was the same question ....
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

No problem

GRAFTALIK - If you have never used a vector program before, you will find it quite different.

If you read through the tutorials on xaraxone.com and practice, you will begin to get a feel for the way the program works - it will take time, but it is time well spent.

If you get stuck - ask here, there will always be someone willing to help.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Gaftalik, Xara Xtreme doesn't offer a "magic wand tool", but you can find more infos about such a feature in Inkscape in our "LivePaint / Paint Bucket tool" thread.

Regards,
    Remi