Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Using 100% Black to spot fake digital art

Sledger the user was banned for boasting about using pirated software and offering pirated software to other members.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks Bill and no sooner had I read your post when checking 'New Posts' I spotted another new member who did precisely the same thing..

Dealt with..

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    But then I have the same suspicion with before and after photo's of people who succeeded with *The $500 You Beauty* diet plan..
    Hmm..they never ask me to do those ads.

Wonder if they are trying to tell me something? Like maybe there's no hope for me?

I guess the fact that small children and dogs run away has something to do with it!

Default Vector photo touch up

In a previous thread on hair, I touched up a photograph of a skull. It wasn't very good. I simply pasted feathered circles onto the offending number text and used the 'Colour editor' and 'Colour picker' to blend it in.

After thinking about it, I remembered that if you trace (vectorise) a photo, you can sometimes simply delete unwanted shapes, (although sometimes these shapes are part of a much larger shape and can not be deleted without messing up the whole image). The less 'passes' you make the easier it can be to make deletions.
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/attachme...1&d=1194960694
    You can of course drag or copy surrounding small shapes to cover the unwanted areas.

You could trace a photo using just 3 passes, touch it up and then use this low detail version to cover only the unwanted areas of the original.

The main point is that as XX is a vector software, it is easier to touch up photos in vector format using XX.
    I haven't used Photoshop for a few years, correct me if I am wrong but I think that generally the vector option is better for this than bitmap, even with such PS tools as 'smudge'.

On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

One note on making a neg. image with the right click outline & fill etc. If the image is cropped in any way within Xara, The click & change color option doesn't work the same.

I've used the neg effect in Xara for creating underbases when printing on dark garments. Doesn't always work, but when it does, I'm always grateful because it saves time.

Once you crop an image, registration becomes a major issue.
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE

Can someone please spell out the steps to get from an all black image to the negative image.
    I am having the same trouble Sledger had in that I get an all black image when I drop the black in.
    How do you make the line colour white before adding the black?

Erik

See my post Photo Embossing

This should help

Sledger, your photo embossing post was what got me here in the first place. However, not to worry, I have just sussed this white line colour out, and it works fine. Now back to the embossing stuff.
    Thanks, Erik