Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Old Car New Challenge

YES! I found some of my lost drawings! This is one of my very early drawings. It's a 1941 Packard 2 door sedan. I want to "refurbish" it by going over it detail by detail and see how much of an improvement I can make to the drawing from what I've learned since then.

Has anyone else tried this with one of their original or early drawings? Maybe you could share your advancement, too?

ron
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41pack.png 
Views:	412 
Size:	135.9 KB 
ID:	43038  

Default Re: Old Car New Challenge

I am all for that challenge Ron, I have lots of old bangers needing a fresh lick of paint etc. That one you have there is still pretty good mind you.
    Norman. The Flying Scotsman

Im in too. Think ill redo my cobra or some thing like that.

You guys be the judge if thers been any progress.

The old

Name:	Ac cobra.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	190.7 KB 
ID:	43042   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cobra new.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	319.0 KB 
ID:	43043  

Here's one I first created in ArtWorks. It's pretty much the same as I created it but I honestly can't remember if it's been enhanced in Xara.

Name:	!jpg.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	43048  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Great examples everyones shown.

Here's the redo next to the original version. Can you tell which is which?
    ron

Name:	41packardold.png 
Views:	308 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	43107   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41packard.png 
Views:	309 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	43108  

Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    You guys be the judge if thers been any progress.
    Patman,

Technically I guess you might say that your second illustration is more refined, but I would say that your first car is my favourite - it has soul.

Your first car is my favourite illustration in this thread (by a long way) and I think it's going to be my desktop for a while. As you can tell, I really like 'the old'.

For me it's a superb illustration (no pun intended) that artwork doesn't need technical perfection to have impact and I'm so pleased that you've posted it - if only for that reason. I hope it'll be a slight antidote to the quest for 'photoreal' that dominates the forums lately.

Finally, Ron - it's not a dig at you or anyone else it's clear that you and others have great skill and have improved greatly and I really enjoyed the posts by you and others in the thread.

Paul

Thanks, Paul.
    Yeah, I've learned in this forum that my approach to drawing is not the "artists'". I just can't let go of the desire to make my cars look as realistic as possible. It's just a flaw I have.

ron

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Patman,

Technically I guess you might say that your second illustration is more refined, but I would say that your first car is my favourite - it has soul.

Your first car is my favourite illustration in this thread (by a long way) and I think it's going to be my desktop for a while. As you can tell, I really like 'the old'.

For me it's a superb illustration (no pun intended) that artwork doesn't need technical perfection to have impact and I'm so pleased that you've posted it - if only for that reason. I hope it'll be a slight antidote to the quest for 'photoreal' that dominates the forums lately.

Paul
    Oh thank you Paul for your kind words. Guess i can lay down my atempts to do cars like Ron. Withs iĺl guess i never gonna be able to do. Just do the best i can.