Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Select and change similar Colour

Inspite of reading post http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=24693 regarding Linked Colours - I can currently make no sense of this in XaraXtreme. I guess I've got used to SignLabs method of Alt-Click to select a colour which then allows you to change 'every object' that shares the same colour value.

Any help to find a similar way of changing 'all instances' of the same colour in a drawing using XXP would go a long way in resolving my headache.

Default Re: Select and change similar Colour

are you wanting to change all instances of a specific RGB value retrospectively - ie you hve not created them as linked or named colors upfront?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

That's right - linked colours currently make no sense to me, so I've never used them.

However, it should be possible given that all the colours I would need to change are precisely the same RGB value.

Sorry Sledger, I Don't think that it can be done directly in Xara (although I stand to be corrected) but in this thread http://talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=27108 Egg mentioned a program called XColour that may work - depends on how much there is to be changed, whether it will be easier or not.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

thing is - until very recently - xara automatically created a local color when allocating a fill - you could therefore use the name gallery used colors to select every instance of said local color.

it no longer does this - when the color bar was revamped [ver 3.2?] xara stopped creating local colors for you - BAD NEWS IMO.

there may be a way round this - but I don't know of it - I hope so as it is a major PITA and my current workaround is to simply use xtreme 2 when I know this will be necessary - but thats not retrospective either.

If the colors are not local, or named by user I don't think you can link them globally [xara has no pixel based selection tool] - but again I hope I'm wrong because I'd love to know how.
    Nothing lasts forever...

That's a real shame and therefore a little disappointing, because working with imported files they would not have linked colours in any case.

An option to select all colours with the same RGB or CMYK value seems to me to be an important function.

Let's add this to the wish list (a patch please Xara )

yes agreed - I think [relying on memory] that the last time it was brought up that a color value selection tool would be a good idea in xara, it was said that, because xara was vector and not pixel based, it would be difficult to implement.

vectors need to be linked at the time and not afterwards so to speak

Lets hope theres a way round it
    Nothing lasts forever...

Well that's certainly not true for SignLab. And in CorelDraw you can Automatically link similar colours.

C'mon Xara - you can't let this one slip..

probably in the coding? bit technical for me at that level
    Nothing lasts forever...