Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Painter IX.5 and OS X Leopard

Is Painter IX.5 compatible with OS X Leopard?
    IP

Default Re: Painter IX.5 and OS X Leopard

I took the chance and installed OS X Leopard, not knowing whether Painter IX.5 would work or not (I can't live without my Painter) but it seems to be working fine so far. So for anyone who's wondering if it works or not it at least seems to (I haven't tested it thoroughly though).

My specs: PPC G5 iMac.
    IP

Smile Re: Painter IX.5 and OS X Leopard

I have no problem whatsoever on my new iMac Intel 24" @ 2,8GHz with 4GB RAM. So happy painting y'all!
    IP

Have a look in CDraw forum you can see 2 members are having problems there. http://coreldraw.com/forums/t/2607.aspx
    Now I have a PC so can't tell if it is an OS problem or a Painter problem, all I can say is that I don't have problems copy and pasting from AI into CD and then into Painter. If the EPS file transfer is still a problem to open in painter and if you have a copy of PhotoShop why don't you use that route as Painter has much improved import?
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Runs fine on a 1.25Ghz emac with 10.5.1 and 768Mb of ram.
    IP

Not an expert but there is a lot of issues apparently with Leopard and Photoshop CS3. Adobi has admitted to the problem and so has apple.

My son had Photoshop 7 on his Mac Book Pro. Worked fine until he switched to Leopard, now it doesn't work well enough to use.

Lots of Painter users like me seem to use Photoshop too, so thought you might like the heads up. Link below is just one of the sites.

http://www.isights.org/2007/11/leopards-photos.html
    IP