Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: AutoFX

Default AutoFX

Is AutoFX Photo Graphic Edges 6.0 compatible with Xara Extreme? If so, could someone please advise on how to install. Thanks

Default Re: AutoFX

I haven't gotten any of my AutoFX applications to work with Extreme.

They only partially work with Expression. I can work with images, but not use masks. Even there they don't work that well.

I haven't relaoded PGE after my system was rebuilt.

You would have to use another host, or use it standalone.

You can create masks in Extreme for AutoFX applications as those applications cannot create their own.

Rich

Default Re: AutoFX

Welcome to the Xtreme Conference Gadav1

This is from the Xtreme Help file under Live Effects Tool

Adding more Live Effects
    Many Adobe Photoshop plug-ins will work with Xara Xtreme Pro and with the Xara Picture Editor and it's easy to add new ones. Xara also intends to provide some new Xara Picture Editor plug-ins too, which will also work with Xara Xtreme Pro.

To add a new Xara Picture Editor plug-in, copy or install it under a folder of its own in the Xara Picture Editor\XPEplug-ins folder of your Xara Xtreme Pro installation, e.g. C:\Program Files\Xara\Xtreme\Xara Picture Editor\XPEplug-ins\ Then restart Xara Xtreme Pro and/or the Xara Picture Editor.

To add new Photoshop plug-ins, you can copy or install them under the Xara Picture Editor\PSplug-ins folder of your Xara Xtreme Pro installation. Alternatively, use the Setup button in the Live Effects tool to add the location of the folder on your computer that contains the plug-in files. Or add the plug-ins to a folder that's already listed in the Setup dialog. You can access the same list of plug-in folder locations from the Effects & Plug-ins tab of the Options dialog (Utilities > Options), or via the PS Plug-ins tool of the Xara Picture Editor.

Check the Xara web site regularly for recommended plug-ins that work well with Xara Xtreme Pro: Xtreme Plugins
    Gary