Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default More Scroll Problems

Dear Forum,

I am using Xara Xtreme Standard NOT Pro. My standard setting for the mouse wheel is zoom. This works fine until I either import a file of my own or open a file from the forum. Then the wheel behaviour changes as follows (and stays changed even if I open a new file):

Wheel - Scroll up and down in large increments (or side to side if cursor is on the horizontal scroll bar - which seems to be the only way to scroll horizontally).
    Shift/wheel - Zoom
    Control/wheel - Scroll up and down in small increments (NO side to side scrolling).
    Alt/wheel - Same as wheel alone.

It seems the only way to restore standard zoom is to restart Xara.

Has anyone else experienced this behaviour. Note: I run Xtreme on both the offfice and home machines and both exhibit this same behaviour.
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 25 October 2007 at 01:41 PM.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Default Re: More Scroll Problems

Keith

It sounds to me like the imported file is changing your mouse wheel preferences. What happens if you reset the setting in Page Options > Mouse and Apply?

Gary

Default Re: More Scroll Problems

Nothing - Stays the same. That was the first solution I tried. Its becoming a real pain in the neck. Same as the "spacebar - selector" thing. Must get round to applying that patch. If I want the pan tool it's far more intuitive to press and hold the scroll button than hit the spacebar.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.