Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hey all....
    What's the difference between Xara X and Xara X1?
    Does anyone know if it comes with a spell checker yet?
    Thanks
    Nicole

Hey all....
    What's the difference between Xara X and Xara X1?
    Does anyone know if it comes with a spell checker yet?
    Thanks
    Nicole

Hi Nicole...........

Go here and read the intial post by Charles:

Xara X1 is available

No spell checker yet but Charles I think may be interested in adding one in a future release. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I imagine they'll put a spell checker in just after Adobe put one in Photoshop.

Cheers

Roger

Now why would you make a comment like that?? http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

Xara Group Ltd. is not known for copy catting, if anything they are known for being inovative all on their own! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I think the point is that a spell checker has a much place in Xara X as it has in Photoshop. And, fair enough, it's not going to be top priority for many people, but I'd like one and it's on the list to do, one day.

Er, Photoshop hasn't got a spell checker has it?

Poor man's spell checker:

I copy my text and paste it into Eudora as a new message and let Eudora do the spell checking.

Gary

I do the same sort of thing. I normally do my copy in MS Word and use it for spell checking and grammar (to some extent). As Charles put it, it would be nice perhaps to have that feature in Xara but its not that high on my list of desires either.

What I'd like to ... when pasting text into an existing text object, it would be nice if it would take on the same font and size attributes as the text already in the object.
    --
    Phillip
    --
    Phillip

When Xara were known as "Computer Concepts" their DPT package range called Impression came with its own spell checker based on the Collins dictionary, so they already have the expertise to integrate one into XaraX.
    I think it may be a case of the more folk shout for it, the sooner they will dust off the source code and adapt it for X1. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

I don't have my CorelDraw 8 installed anymore, but didn't they have a spell checker integrated in Draw and PhotoPaint?
    It is a nice feature... I've been using NetObjects for web design for years and after they added one, think it was version 6, it made it so much nicer to use; of course, there is alot more text in most web sites. The pasting process works, I use Outlook, because it's usually running, but it is just another inconvenience, I think.
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA1155 Intel Z68 ATXMOB - Intel core I7-2600 3.4GH LGA 1155 - 16gb DDR3 SDRAM - Corsair CX750M PS - GeForce GTX650 2GB - SB X-Fi Extreme Music
    Master C: Crucial 200GB SSD - Master D: 1.0 TB - E: 24x DVD/CD R/RW - F: Crucial 275GB SSD - Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1