Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy rotating and proportion of pic

I started using psp many many years ago at 4, so I can't believe that I'm having problems with this for some reason. But I have been away from using it for a bit so.... LOL
    I have psp x now and for some reason not sure what I'm doing wrong when I rotate a pic it isn't keeping the proportion. After rotating it, the pic looks shorter and wider than it should be. After using psp for so long I feel like this should be a piece of cake to figure out what's wrong.

All that was done with the following pictures is pic #2 was rotated right

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...es/sample1.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...es/sample2.jpg
    IP

Default Re: rotating and proportion of pic

Hi Dyneshia-

I measured both versions on my screen and they are exactly the same in landscape and portrait orientations, 5 5/8" by 4 1/4".

I wonder if you're experiencing an illusion caused by tool bars or PSP palettes that make them seem different?

One handy thing is that PSP will tell you exactly how many pixels there are on each side in the info at the lower right hand corner of your screen. (You'd have to check by saving them on different layers, of course.) Also, under the Image menu on the top tool bar you can select "Ruler," which would give you an accurate measurement.

If the measurements are the same, but you still have the sense that there's a difference in what you see, I'd wonder if there was something wrong with your screen settings? You might try emailing the shot in both orientations to another person's computer and check whether the distortion disappears.

What a perplexing thing! Good luck with it. I hope one of these suggestions is fruitful for you.
    Please visit my photo galleries: www.pbase.com/soenda
    IP