Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Version 3.24

Post Version 3.24

There's a small update available to version 3.24 for both Xara Xtreme and Xtreme Pro

This contains a number of fixes as described below. We only recommend updating to this version if you think these fixes are in areas that affect you.
    • Improved Vista compatibility. Updated Mehdi plug-in and fixed XPE bug that sometimes crashed XPE on exit.
    • Flash Animation: Target frame is now supported for clicktag links
    • Name Gallery: Name gallery updates properly when switching between documents
    • Text tool: Fixed occasional crash when applying fonts from gallery to linked text areas
      • Fixed bug where pasted text sometimes inserted extra line break
      • Dragging Tabs display vertical guidelines on all pages
      • Pasting of Unicode text from Windows Clipboard has been improved
      • Flickering of zoom field when entering text has been cured
    • PDF export: Work around for CorelDRAW bug so PDFs now import into CorelDRAW better.
      (Note it is still necessary to un-select the 'Optimize for Web' PDF option when exporting for CorelDRAW)
      • Spot colors no longer converted to RGB on export.
      • Linked colors and Tints now export correctly
      • Chinese fonts export correctly. Gulim font not longer crashes
    Instructions
    This is a patch to the CD version. You must have installed the CD version (version 3.2.3 CD) and no other.

1) Download the appropriate patch file from the links below - one is for standard Xtreme, the other for Xtreme Pro.2) Exit Xara Xtreme or Xara Picture Editor so neither are running.
    2) If you are using Window 2000 / XP or Vista make sure you're in an account with Administrator Rights
    3) Double click the patch program to run it.

Default Re: Version 3.24

I'm running Xara Xtreme Pro 3.2.3.2440 DL on a Vista machine. When I run the patch, I get an error message:

XaraXeng.dll: Unknown Version

===
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMoonHP View Post
    I'm running Xara Xtreme Pro 3.2.3.2440 DL on a Vista machine. When I run the patch, I get an error message
    DL stands for Download. Read the instructions again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir View Post
    This is a patch to the CD version. You must have installed the CD version (version 3.2.3 CD) and no other.

Smile Re: Version 3.24

I just did a test to coreldraw with a xara PDF worked fine..excellent charles...tao

Nice installer - it found my current version on D:\ drive and updated it. Just one problem, it overwrote my default template preference but at least the rest of my settings were unscathed. Better yet, it seems to have fixed my crash on exit issue.

Hi people,
    I got my update CD for 3.2.3 and it installed flawlessly on my win2000 system. Then I installed the 3.24 patch and that went flawlessly as well. It is really good when software works so well. Thanks Charles and the xara crew.

I'm particularly interested in the new PDF - CDR work.

Hint. Any news of new SVG work? Some time ago there was a flurry of Xara/Inkscape activity but it has been VERY quiet for a while now. Inkscape is going ahead leaps and bounds and it would be good to hear something from the Xara camp. I'm not holding my breath but just a hint of the state-of-play would be wonderful.

cheers, Erik

Default Small Anomaly

The following exists for X1, Xtreme, and XPro 3.24; however, I never noticed it before. Perhaps, for the sake of the interface consistency, it could be changed.

My defaults are the CMYK color model, with Color units set to % (percent). Also, if nothing is selected and a swatch in color line is left-clicked, the current Fill Attribute is changed without prompting.

Test this:
    Have nothing selected. left-click on the hatched "No Fill" swatch at the left of the color line. Now open the Color Editor dialog. The "No-Fill" icon in the dialog is not selected (is not in the depressed state) and the Current Color shown at the top of the dialog is equavalent to the 1st named color at the left of the color line.

I would think the dialog (again for the sake of consistency) would at least have the "No-Fill" icon active and maybe have a "None" displayed as the Current Color.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Why Color Edit open to 1st Named Color when default is none.jpg 
Views:	1491 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	42617  
    Last edited by jclements; 24 October 2007 at 05:01 PM.

The discussion about bitmap feathering finally got me to install the XaraXtreme 3.2 version CD. Then I headed for this tread about the "small update" and read:
    " This is a patch to the CD version. You must have installed the CD version (version 3.2.3 CD) and no other"

I have Xara X1, Xara Xtreme and now Xara Xtreme 3.2 loaded on my XP machine. Does the about quote mean I need to delete all the older versions before adding this "small update"?

what it means is you cannot install the update on the downloaded version of 3.2 - only the CD version.

as far as I know if you have older versions also installed they should not be affected by a version 3.2 update.

I have not had problems running xtreme 2 and xtremepro 3.2.4
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thank you Steve,
    The "small update" seemed to go smoothly with all other versions of Xara still in place on my HD.
    Bob C.