Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Simple Questions - What a great Product!

Is a mouse used in drawing? If not, what hardware or tool is used and how can I purchase it?

Can I create a simple webpage or static layout of a webpage in XARA XTREME PRO?

How can I obtain the short video on Extracting Part of a Photo?

When importing a picture, how do I remove or fade in the picture without seeing the lines around it?

Thank you in advance for your support and assistance.

Default Re: Simple Questions - What a great Product!

Quote Originally Posted by tercasward View Post
    Is a mouse used in drawing? If not, what hardware or tool is used and how can I purchase it?
    I use a mouse, others use a graphics tablet - personal preference. Where you'd buy one depends on where you live, but I'd stick with the mouse to start with.

Can I create a simple webpage or static layout of a webpage in XARA XTREME PRO?
    Webpages are written in HTML, and for that you need to either learn HTML or use a web editor (Dreamweaver being the biggest and most widely used, but also the most expensive and among the most difficult to master). Xara Xtreme isn't a web editor, but you can certainly make mockup designs with Xtreme and some of us have been doing just that for over 10 years.

How can I obtain the short video on Extracting Part of a Photo?
    Get yourself a brew on and watch the movies at http://www.xara.com/products/xtreme/demos/default.asp

When importing a picture, how do I remove or fade in the picture without seeing the lines around it?
    That's called feathering - the Xara website has notes and a video, the help in the program itself (press F1) has more.
    Last edited by Daniel; 15 October 2007 at 03:17 PM.

Welcome to the Xtreme Conference

Here's a tutorial on Cropping a Bitmap Object

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I use a mouse, others use a graphics tablet - personal preference. Where you'd buy one depends on where you live, but I'd stick with the mouse to start with.
    Everybody forgets the trackerball, I use a trackerball, a thumbtrackerball
    even, I don`t like the other kind, and I can rest my arm on the armrest of my chair, sit back, and let my thumb do the work.(thumbs up ;o) )
    I have less problems with my arm now since I started using a thumbtrackerball. But I also use a graphicstablet, depends on what you need to do.
    be aware, not to become a ware.