Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default galleries gone awol

I've probably done something very silly, but I don't know what,
    or how to rectify it.
    I no longer have access to the fill, font and clipart galleries.
    Everything else is fine.
    Anyone have any idea what I may have done?
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: galleries gone awol

Bob,

If you cant see the Galleries in the top tool bar:
    Window / Control Bars & Open Button Palette then drag the gallery icons back on the top bar.

If you've got the icons but cant see the gallery window you've probably dragged them off screen. Try hiding the windows tool bar ~ they sometimes get dragged below this.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg,
    I can see the icons on the UI, and clicking on them does nothing.
    The name, line, layer and colour gallery icons are working normally.
    It's just the fill, font and clipart galleries that don't.
    On first opening Xara Xtreme before opening a new page, only the
    fill, font and clipart galleries icons are active, the rest are greyed out.
    I suppose an uninstall/reinstall of Xara will probably do the trick,
    but I wanted to find out why it's gone like this so that I don't do it again.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Do you have or have you ever used a dual monitor configuration with Xara, but are currently in a single monitor configuration?

If you had used a dual monitor config and positioned those missing galleries on the secondary monitor and changed to a single monitor config later on, then maybe that is where your galleries are being "hidden".

Solution would be to go back to dual monitor config, drag all galleries onto primary monitor screen and close Xara. Then reopen Xara when in single monitor mode to see if all galleries are displayed.
    Last edited by jclements; 08 October 2007 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    Do you have or have you ever used a dual monitor configuration with Xara, but are currently in a single monitor configuration?
    No, I've never had a dual monitor setup, and there's also nothing lurking behind the taskbar.
    Saludos,
    Bob.

You might try changing to a lower screen resolution. That might help you see an edge if it's pushed off the screen somewhere.

Mickie

I've tried altering the screen resolution with no success, and anyway, all the other galleries are showing normally, It's just the fill, font and clipart galleries that don't.
    Saludos,
    Bob.

This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.