Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Green Aubrey.

Default Green Aubrey.

Forum kind of quiet today where has everybody gone, maybe out in the shed/hut carving their pumpkins. I may have to do more work on this one but not tonight . Now off to bed. Goodnight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Green Aubrey.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	42217  
    Norman. The Flying Scotsman

Default Re: Green Aubrey.

She's a beauty Norman!!!! I like the green too (one of my favorite colors) What's cool is, right now, it looks almost as if it has a coat of wax on it.... and once you do some more... it will be like you just buffed off the wax??
    I really like this one, it's very nice.... Very excellent chrome work, especially the wheels! I tell ya, I don;t know how you do it... I tried my first one last night actually.... Im gonna have to look for a tutorial (if anyone knows where to send me??)

Happy dreams Norm

Thank you Geminguy. The chrome is really quite simple in this one, I just used the chrome plugin to do it. Just draw the shape and fill it.

I may be wrong but I don't think there are tutorials for drawing a car. My method is to get a photograph of a car put it on layer 1 and take the edit tick off. make a new layer some people name their layers I just use the default name layer 1 layer 2 etc. Now trace round say the bonnet using the Pen tool and then fill it with the appropriate colour. You do this until you have all the body parts done.This of course fills with solid colour and prevents you seeing what is underneath things like trim door handles so you make that shape temporarly transparent and draw in the various shapes lines etc then of course remove the transparency.

For the tyres check out Ron's tutorial http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest57/3.html (it's a bit involved but stick with it (I have yet to follow this through for myself) you may get your own ideas on how to do tyres and wheels, spokes, there are various articles throughout the forum on how to do this, written by Intbel, Ron, Sally etc.
    There are various way of doing highlights using transparency feathering and blur tool. windows made with transparecy tool. Right that's enough to be going on with. If you need anymore help just ask.

I can send you a .xar file of a car and you may break it down to give you an idea on how I do it. It takes a lot of time but be patient and you will get there. when you start out you may think you are never going to get there but keep going and suddenly it all kicks in.

I hope this helps I am not muchgood at tutorials.
    Last edited by parahandy; 10 October 2007 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Typos.

Retuned a bit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Green_Aubrey.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	42240  
    Last edited by parahandy; 10 October 2007 at 09:49 PM.