Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default graphic showing border

Hi
    I am new to extreme. I have managed to crete a graphic of a dog. It is to go on my website. I have placed it on a background the exact same colour as my web page.In extreme i selected that there was no line around the background square. But when i add it to my webpage (using front page) i see a lighter border around it. I tried saving it as transparent, ontop of a squre of by webpage colour and not selecting the square, but the quality is then not very good jagged edges.
    Can anyone help please.
    Thanks
    Paula

Default Re: graphic showing border

Can you post the Xara file so that we can have a look at it?

Hi Paula

Welcome to the Xtreme Conference.

This might help Getting rid of the dreaded white fringe.

If this is not the problem let us know and we'll look at some other options.

Gary

Paula,

One other thing to check ~ is the background square exact pixels in size? i.e. NOT in fractions of pixels.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Thanks for the replys.
    My pc crashed and i lost everything. I have done the graphic again using the Free hand and brush tool and not the pen tool. I even managed to draw the body of the dog and then do the tail and the tail ring seperate and stick them all together, very pleased with myself ha ha !!! The place it over a rectangle of my background colour saved exported just the graphic with transparent background, added it to my website hey prest no jaggies .
    Do you think the difference was the freehand tool ??? I just find it so much harder with the that than the pen tool,as with the pen tool you can just click and the lines join for you .
    If you would like to see the graphic with no jaggies have a look at my website
    www.ultimatechoice.biz
    It is the graphic in the top corner.
    Please let me know what you think about the free hand and pen tool.
    Thanks
    Paula

I think the pen tool was supported by Xara so that Illustrator user would feel comfortable with the software. Most user here use the shape editor tool which really allows very quick shape building and then editing is very simple with this tool as well. I will only speak for myself here but I think that I spend about 90% of my time when drawing using that tool and that shortcut key on my keyboard is the dirtiest of all my keys.
    Design is thinking made visual.

ok i will go and have a play with the shape editing tool and see what i can do.
    Thanks
    Paula

It differs from user to user, which Tool is the preferred one.

To create a new shape, I use the Pen Tool or the Freehand Tool most of the time. The Shape editor tool is fine to optimize shapes (delete nodes, change between Cusp and Smooth join, ...).

Remi

I use the shape editor tool all the time. In fact I have never used either the freehand tool (except to edit stroke width) or the pen tool. Can someone explain to me what advantage/disadvantages each have.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.