Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default vista give no view: XPE icons missing/replaced

the photo editor has almost all tools as not working on my new PC. Is this a vista issue, and if so is there a patch?

Each tool has been replaced by the wrong way sign (red circle with line through it).

Help

Default Re: vista give no view

thanks, I did search first but not successful. I'll try it when i get home. As always, you guys are the fastest and most expert forum I deal with

Default Re: vista give no view: XPE icons missing/replaced

Also, as an alternative to turning the UAC on and off, I think you should be able to just right click the XPE shortcut, and choose "run as administrator." XPE should come up with everything enabled. After that you should be able to close it and run it normally. The likely reason it has that problem is the first time XPE is run it probably wants to create a registry entry but doesn't have the permissions to do so so. I've found a good way to handle installs for Vista in general is to install/setup as admin, then on the first run of the program run it as admin (using the right click "run as admin"). This is so all required registry entries can be made. After that you are usually OK to run normally.

Also, there seems to be a problem with XPE and vista where even once you get it working you may get an error every time you close XPE. That looks like something xara will have to fix at some point.