Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outlined Fonts

On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

Lightbulb Re: Outlined Fonts

Just remember to dupe your editable text or text w/outline & nudge the copy aside before you convert it to curves. This way, if you have to edit it you won't have to figure out what font, size, kearning or attribute to add to it. Save's time & takes up little or no file size space. If you do need to go back to the original text, you can dupe it & nudge to your working location.

I use a junk layer & do all this work before copying to a proof layer the completed pieces.

Hope this helps

wALDO
    Last edited by wW; 02 October 2007 at 08:28 PM.
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE

Default Re: Outlined Fonts

Always a worthwhile, initial step, Waldo. Prevents potential juggling injuries, sort of.

Cheers, Anders

Wink Re: Outlined Fonts

Off topic, kinda. When Juggling papers in the office, there is a chance you will get paper cuts, so be be careful...

Now fire, sharp objects & acrobatics, that's another story as I try not to do those things at work!

On topic. Remember the outline bug in X1 when using the contour tool. Well they fixed this is Xpro. Now if you forget to add a line to the object your contouring, No worries! Once the item is converted to curves you can select any item in the contour & give it an outline.

Before in X1, the workaround was to create a box w/outline & nudge the contour section onto the box w/outline & Intersect shapes to give the contour an outline. A time saver in Xpro!
    ----------- _~o

Off topic. Yeah, digitizing has advantages!

On topic. I do actually remember that bug, Waldo, and I was furious about it! Now I don't have to bother about object outline when contouring. We share that experience!

Cheers, Anders

Wink Re: Outlined Fonts

Off topic: A desk job is great for recovery. Luckily no major injuries, but several nagging ones... Not as young as I use to be, even though I'm in great shape, gravity takes it's toll on our bodies over time.

Note to self. Manipulated objects hurt when bouncing off the ole' noggin. I'd like to think it knocks sense in me, but I know better.... (

On Topic: I use to like using line thickness to get most of my offset effects but the outline tool is so much quicker & easier to figure out come separation time.

Enjoyed our banter Anders. Thanks

wALDO
    Last edited by wW; 03 October 2007 at 06:10 PM.
    ----------- _~o

Off topic: LOL, LOL! Ain't that true about gravity. For men and women alike!

On topic: Me too, I use the contour/outline tool frequently and the mouse to quickly get appearance control.

Nice chaff, Waldo. Thanks. Have a good one!

Cheers, Anders

Waldo,

On Topic: I use to like using line thickness to get most of my offset effects but the outline tool is so much quicker & easier ....
    Do you mean the contour tool?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Talking Re: Outlined Fonts

Ya got me Egg, all over my face..... Yes the contour tool. For some reason I tend to refer to it as the outline tool.
    ----------- _~o

Not trying to embarass you WW, just trying to make it clearer to newbies who come across this thread
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host