Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Another 3.2 upgrade offer

I did not upgrade to 3.2 from 3.0 and I already have 3D - the features, as presented didn't excite me enough to think it worth the upgrade price

This morning I received another upgrade offer that expires Wednesday.

For those of you that upgraded do you feel it was worth it? Starving artists have to watch their pennies so before I plunk down 52USD (including S&H) am I getting value for my money or should I continue saving my pennies for the next full release?

This would be a no brainer for me if I knew the upgrade to 3.2 would give me a comparable discount in the full version upgrade...

Default Re: Another 3.2 upgrade offer

I'm in the same position as you. It's pretty tempting, though 3.2 did get a bit of a rough reception on it's release.

I love all the new stuff. Xara is way better than it used to be when I purchased it, and the latest features have a significant meaning in this feeling. So, from me, a strong yes.

OK, I couldn't resist any longer..

On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

Smile Re: Another 3.2 upgrade offer-worked for me

It's like pulling teeth to get new versions of Xara where I work, & I'm the art director... geeze!

Just purchased Friday so I've some "getting us too" with some of the new features. I've yet to work with the new CMYK printing feature but it won't take long before I have to deal with that aspect.
    Although Xpro is similar to X1 on the surface, I'm noticing some subtle differences. I hope to get up to speed with all the new stuff soon. Text, Live Effects, Short Cuts & Print. I prefer sep'ing my art in Xara vs. Photoshop but the use of PS is unavoidable many times.

Textile print isn't exactly mainstream usage for the Xara print feature. Over the last 4 years I've learned much about Xara & Printing, still learning too. Seems that part never ends...

wALDO
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE

I'm still on the fence --- got until tomorrow to decide

its my bday tomorrow and i cant afford it!!! gahhh

oh well maybe theyll do another upgrade

RonC

Lack of responses here leads me to believe my first inclinaton was right.. not enough meat in the upgrade

I've decided without assurances that the full cost will go to the next full version I can't justify spending the money

Well I jumped in and upgraded from 2.0f to 3.2. I always suffer indecision when upgrades come along, I guess it is my Scottish upbringing. I've been very happy with 2.0f and enjoy using Xara immensely. However, I also find I am spending more time with Inkscape as it becomes more and more powerful and useable. I will be interested to see what happens with Xara when the next upgrade comes along because for me there may be a real conflict :-).

This time I did not go through the point by point differences between old and new. I wonder how many people do? But one factor is that this forum, like most others, tends to deal with the current version of the software and if you don't have it you ain't in it.........or something. Another is that the upgrade was less than the cost of a tankful of gas in OZ.

Anyway I'll be interested to see how my workflow changes with 3.2.

cheers, Erik

I always buy the upgrades just to support my all-time favourite graphics product. I have to say that it took me a while but I cannot imagine going back now. I like the new colour handling and there are a couple of other things that don't immediately spring to mind that I got used to very quickly and missed when I used 3.0 on another machine. Being able to edit existing PDFs, as well as making my own, is more than enough reason to spend the money, IMHO, because it just works.