Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Where Was my New Serial no. [v3.2]?

If I received a new serial no. with my Xtreme Pro 3.2, it wasn't obvious where it was and I figured my old serial no. would be all I needed. I assume I threw it out with the envelope the disks came in. It might be a good idea to stick it onto the CD envelopes so people can see it. It was no big hassle, I just got the new no. from my on-line account, it just seemed a little unprofessional.

On a similar note, I was caught out by the expiration of my download license whilst on a business trip, which was more than somewhat inconvenient. Would it be possible to be reminded of the no. of days remaining in the status bar or title bar or something?

Default Re: Where Was my New Serial no. [v3.2]?

It should have reminded you of the trial days left on the opening splash screen?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Bones wasn't using the trial as a trial, so there was no splash screen - he's talking about the unlocked download version - it runs for x weeks before telling you that it has expired and that you should reinstall from the CD you would have received by then.

The serial number for Xtreme Pro 3.2 should be on a little inch-wide sticker on the front cover of the "Release notes" pamphlet. Xtreme 3.2's sticker is on the back of the CD jewel case (Pro 3.2 CDs are not shipped with a jewel case).

Too late for Bones, but if it happens to anyone else while they are away from their CD - Xtreme's checking of the time elapsed since you installed is not particularly elaborate:just wind your PC's clock back a month or two, load Xtreme up, then correct your clock.

yep - apologies my mistake - misread it
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi,

You can always retrieve the key from your xara-online account!

Hans

Bones, the serial number was on the Release notes book that came with my CDs.

As Hans said, you can always find the serial number in your on-line account at Xara.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

OK, I was a way for 5 weeks and the CD only turned up a few days before I left. I must have put the booklet somewhere but all that was sitting on my desk when I got back were the disks themselves.

TBH though, I had been using 3.2 for so long it didn't even occur to me that it woudl expire and I really don't understand why it should, especially if it is so easy to defeat the time-limit thing. It seems to me to be a needless stuff-around for a point-release, where the vast majority of companies provide only a downloadable patch.