Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Clipboard contents showing on-screen!

Xtreme on Vista-32 with a Radion X1300 graphics card 1680 x 1050 32-bit.

I have A4 landscape page onto which I import a large bitmap (2848 x 2136 24-bit JPG). I select the ViewDrawing option and create a new layer and start drawing.

Then I select the group of fuzzy squares in the middle and hit Ctrl-C.

Whooa!

The contents of the Clipboard are being displayed at the top-left of the Xtreme drawing window in a black-outlined white box!

Of course, they're not really there. Move things over them or change views and they vanish. But...

Has anyone else seen anything like this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	odd clipboard display.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	41782  

Default Re: Clipboard contents showing on-screen!

Hi Brian,

I've noticed some artifacts like that on my Vista machines. One machine has a Radeon video card and the other has Intel Viiv chipset. The artifacts occur in other applications as well as Xara Xtreme.

I have not tried to isolate it to any specific display settings. I think it may be related to using the Aero (glass like) display.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

That's a video card problem and it's not just a Vista problem use to have a cheapish Nvida card that use to do that in Xara X as well as the red lines after moving something.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by brianlj View Post
    ... I select the group of fuzzy squares in the middle and hit Ctrl-C.

Whooa!

The contents of the Clipboard are being displayed at the top-left of the Xtreme drawing window in a black-outlined white box!
    I've never seen a GPU repaint problem that displays the clipboard contents in an on-screen box with a border, drop shadow and neatly placed top-left of Xaras canvas, this is probably something else at work.

Brian, do you by chance have a clipboard manager program running that saves a number of recent clipboard captures?

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Brian, do you by chance have a clipboard manager program running that saves a number of recent clipboard captures?
    Nope. Never had such a thing.

It does look a bit... neat, though, doesn't it? It didn't seem to matter what I put on the clipboard (a single square, all of them, a single letter) it appeard in the size of box appropriate to the thing copied.

I've tried to recreate the effect with other drawings (overly large bitmap placed on a small page) with a few bits on it, and I can't duplicate it.

However, the original drawing still does the same thing!

[pause]

Ah... it's objects which have a shadow which seems to cause the effect. It and the shadow are what gets copied strangely.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shadow_thing.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	41873