Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default "The purchased download veersion of Xara Xtreme Pro will expire shortly, pls install"

"The purchased download version of Xara Xtreme Pro will expire shortly, please install as soon as possible."

This startup message appeared two days ago.

I am not sure I understand what is going on here. When I got the disk in the mail several weeks ago, I registered and input my serial number. The procedure I've followed for the last few years when I've upgraded.

I did try to re-install over the top of my current installation so that, hopefully, I would not loose any of my custom settings. However, there was no option for this nor one to specify a path and the installation dialog simply quit on me.

Can someone clarify if I really need to uninstall first or what my alternatives are?

Default Re: "The purchased download veersion of Xara Xtreme Pro will expire shortly, pls inst

John I have not had to un-install any previous version when upgrading to the newest version.

The option to keep the current configuration is not shown until after the installation when starting the new version for the first time.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: "The purchased download veersion of Xara Xtreme Pro will expire shortly, pls inst

Well, I just tried installing Pro from the CD and as soon as I finished with all the options given in the installations dialogs, I am returned to the original splash screen displayed when I put the CD in the drive.

So...I thought I'd try and uninstall Pro first; HOWEVER, there is no annotation in Add/Remove proprams ... just for X, X1, and Xtreme, but no Xtreme Pro.

( Also interesting to note size differences between the versions.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	add remove.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	41783  
    Last edited by jclements; 28 September 2007 at 06:38 PM.

Well I got instructions from the Xara Support folks on how to manually uninstall XPro (it was the download version in my case) through the registry. [Check the Xara Online FAQs].

I was then able to install my CD version successfully and Add/Remove Programs was propertly updated with a line item of "Xara Xtreme Pro".

Thank you Xara Support