Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara is a good deal.

I've never been so impressed by a commercial software application in terms of bang for the buck that it seemed only right to proclaim *why* I bought it let alone happily paid RETAIL for it.

I first heard about Xara when I came across it as a featured download using Automatix on Linux Ubuntu. After trying it out I was impressed, all things considered given it's beta-like state.

I wanted to know more about this company that donated such a quality application to the Linux community. I had never heard of Xara, and after doing a bit of google here and there, I downloaded the trial edition for Windows XP.

I made all 30 days of the Windows XP trial edition count. It was probably one of the most productive 30 days I had all year in terms of collateral development. What an awesome, impossible to describe application. And friggin FAST at everything it does.

So I bought it. I wish it cost less, but even at $249 it was a decent deal compared to some of the other monsters with horrible customer service I've been compelled to buy.

I don't know if the Linux version was intended to operate as a sales generator for the commercial Windows version, but if that was the idea - in my case it worked.

Cheers.

Default Re: Xara is a good deal.

Welcome aboard, and congratulations! Happy drawing

With 30 days, I assume you've already come across Gary's Xara Xone, but just in case, I'll link it.

Best wishes,
    David

Default Re: Xara is a good deal.

Welcome to Talkgraphics David. Congrats for your decision.
    Xara is an impressive application as you already discovered. And now that you discovered this forum too, donīt forget to post whatever you are doing with the program! Have fun!

Cheers.