Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Question from a beginner - making color transitions

Hi,

I'm trying out Xara and I'm wondering how I can do a couple of things with it. The first thing is that I want to make a color transition in a rectangular bar like box from red to yellow - I've read the help files but I can't make it work (I'm thinking I would ad it to my business card). The only transition I seem to be able in making is if I use the background color (white) which automatically applies with the fill tool. How do I make a nice shift from let's say red to yellow?

My second question: On the comparsion page ion Xara's website it says that only the Pro version has PDF/X export but both have PDF export. Would regular PDF export be sufficent if I would want to send my work to a print shop for printing?

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Giannis

Default Re: Question from a beginner - making color transitions

Xara is sometimes too easy to use - once you've applied a gradient fill, just drag colours from the colour line and drop them on the rectangle to change the colours.

You can also select either of the end nodes on the interactive fill tool line, open the colour editor (ctrl+e) and adjust the colour there.

Normal pdf should be just fine in most cases, just make sure that the file follows the specifications of your print shop.

I'd still recommend Pro over normal Extreme, it has many other nice additions.

I have to agree with jon. Xara Xtreme is nice and good enough if you just print at home/do web graphics. When sending your work out to a print shop...The more fexibility you have the better. You never know the requirements of a certain print job until you ask the printer.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Thanks for your fast replies! I'm going to try that transition again...

I'll see which one I'll get, there is a certain price difference after all...

Thanks again!

Welcome to the Xtreme Conference Giannis

Take a look at Xara Xone Workbook The Fill Tool Applying and Editing Fills and The Fill Tool - Types of Fills

Gary

Thank you, Gary. That tutorial certainly did it. That made me very happy

That's our job.

Gary