Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Access Violation Error Message

Hi

Sometimes I get the following error message:

"Access violation at outset: serious error from Xara Xtreme Pro 0x003EB432"

It happens (only sometimes like I say) when doing an animation - I cannot run the test or do anything with the file other than save it and exit XXPro 3.2

Very much a learner still so could well be something I'm doing or is it my PC do you think? Anyone received this message too and/or knows what it means?

Thanks in advance

John

Default Re: Access Violation Error Message

Hi John

Welcome to the Xtreme Conference

Have you installed any new programs after you installed Xara X Pro?

That can sometimes cause a conflict. If you did install some new program or programs, try uninstalling Xtreme then re-installing it. That will sometimes do the trick.

Does the access violation happen when you do a certain thing? Like cut and paste something, or resize an object?

Not sure what else could be causing this.

Gary

Following on from Garry's suggestions

0x003EB432 is an address in memory (RAM) which a process needs to occupy however (for any number of reasons) is locked. An so an "access violation" is generated.

Possible causes are anything from faulty RAM, an incorrect/corrupt device driver, poorly written/updated software and more commonly under Windows XP Service pack 2, malware/adware installations.

As Garry suggests, there may be some software you have recently installed which may also be running at the same time you experience these errors while using Xara.

Microsoft have a free memory (RAM) diagnostic tool which might be useful to try?
    http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Hi

Thanks for both your responses. I don't think I've installed anything since receiving the Xara disc. I've got 1GB RAM, the system is fine (according to PC Pitstop) and I've got Firewall protection running, Spy Sweeper and AVG. I do turn off SS when using a program like Xara tho cos it tends to slow things down. I usualy disable the internet connection thru the firewall because of this.

It happened this time when I was doing my own version of the "complex fills" video tutorial. I created the shape, a clone shape with gradient fill and two clones with transparency. I separated these clones and then thought I'd try to animate them back together again. I am new to all this so it is probably something I've done: tho I have made some working animations successfully I'm not controlling the transparency very well ... could that be it? Seems a bit of a harsh error for lack of control tho.

I'm attaching the XAR file. I've just tried to test it and I got the same error message as last night.

Can I just take the chance to say your program is excellent! I can see that for professionals but also for people like me.

Regards

John
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi John

got error message exporting as gif - but exported as swf ok

off top of head would say its the circular transparency thats doing it
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

update - interesting - if I delete the last frame [30] I no longer get the error!
    so maybe not circular transparency - maybe something wrong with that frame?
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi Steve

That is interesting ... just tried again and SWF test OK as you say. Think I must have done something I shouldn't have

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. I'll have another go and be more carefull

john

Glad if it was a help -

Let us know if you find out what was wrong
    Nothing lasts forever...