Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: How do you read your email?

Voters
227. This poll is closed
  • Client-side email software

141 62.11%
  • Web-based email software

71 31.28%
  • Other

15 6.61%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: How do you read your email?

I've used FOXMAIL for many many years (I stopped updating at version 5), it was one of the first to employ a 'remote' viewer whereby you can view the mail waiting on the server, delete the cr*p and only download the legit stuff.
    FOXMAIL has tons of features ( most I don't use) but the best being that once installed, you can copy the entire Foxmail folder to a USB stick and run it from that as everything is contained in it's own folder. So moving your email, contacts and account settings is a piece of cake.

FOXMAIL is used for all my business mail, while for personal mail I use Gmail which now, since Google Chrome, I run as an application window.
    IP

I use TheBat! Pro. I used to use Outlook 2003 but it kept getting gummed up and giving me problems so I switched and have had no issues with TB. I also use Gmail where I forward some of my older email accounts to. Gmail is great in that it has a very good AntiSpam feature so I no longer need to use MailWasher, which I had used for over a year. Gmail also has IMAP capability. I read over their advice on using IMAP as opposed to POP in that you can synchronize your email client and webmail with it. That means, if I delete a message from my Gmail account using TheBat, it gets deleted on the web (actually only moved to archive), and vice versa, if I move mail on the web it is reflected in my email client. Another plus for TheBat is that it uses less system resources than Outlook.

Gmail is great for checking your mail while away from home and being able to access it without the use of an email client.
    IP

Outlook
    IP

Talking Re: How do you read your email?

Both ways, actually. At the office, since we're being a thick corporate firewall, I use the Web interface. From home, I use Pegasus Mail. I like them both about the same amount.
    IP

Smile Re: How do you read your email?

I have used Google Gmail exclusively for the last couple years. Can't imagine going back to anything else. No service interruptions, no worry about spam, automatic threading of messages, never worry about filling up your mail box, a host of handy tools. Seems just about perfect to me.
    Phil Thompson
    IP

web based email is the best.
    IP

With glasses mostly
    IP

Pint glass and shot glass?
    IP

How do you read your email?

Er ....wiv me eyes.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.
    IP

Outlook using my own mail server at home, I don't trust third parties like Google with my mail.
    IP