Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Checking for Updates

This is my first post, so please be gentle with me. Whenever I check for updates by clicking "Help", "Update" I always get the window asking me to upgrade to Xtreme 3.2 and advising that the offer ends on 6th July 2007.

I already have "3.2.3.2325 CD (Xara) July 17 2007"

Is there a way to turn this window off?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Checking for Updates

Check this lot out http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...hlight=updates. A useful tip go to search before posting you will often find the answer to your question. Oh and welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of very helpful people on it. Sorry, wrong info that was for corel draw I was too quick off the mark, neverthe less do a search anyway
    Last edited by parahandy; 11 September 2007 at 10:56 PM.
    Norman. The Flying Scotsman

Quote Originally Posted by parahandy View Post
    A useful tip go to search before posting you will often find the answer to your question.
    I have searched - but no luck. Is no one else having this problem?

its probably because there is an update to xara 3.2.3.2325 available for download - which is version 3.2.3.440 dated July 31 2007

no idea about the offer blurb though, but you should be able to update without worrying about that
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I think the "check for updates" thing only tells you when there is a major new release, like telling you that 3.2 is available if you're running 3.0. It doesn't tell you that there is a point/patch release available for download. I vaguely remember some complaining about that in the past.

Unfortunately I don't have any explanations for why it would persist in telling you to update to a version that you already have. Possibly the installer was run without the correct user privileges (assuming you're using Vista or something) so it wasn't updated to make note that you have the new version?
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.