Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is somebody who knows in XaraX to make an animated Gif with a transparent backgroung. I have tried to find the difference with CorelXara without answer.
    Thanks for your help [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Is somebody who knows in XaraX to make an animated Gif with a transparent backgroung. I have tried to find the difference with CorelXara without answer.
    Thanks for your help [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Pedro
    In the export dialogue box there is a small wine glass. Click on this to make the background transparent. If you sift thru the old postings you will find an old thred on this issue.

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Actually it is not possible to generate animated GIFs with transparency from Xara X.
    We now have a much improved animated GIF compression scheme in which only the differences between frames are stored, so for instance if one has a scene in which there are only a few moving objects, e.g. a christmas scene with a falling star, jumping sheep, then our animated GIFs are now much smaller. Unfortunately this feature requires that we cannot render transparent animated GIFs. Overall I believe the new scheme is preferable.

Mark Goodall
    Xara Ltd

While the "improvement" to compression is commendable, to sacrifice one of the main features of the .gif format is not in my opinion the way to go about it. If there is a radio button to choose transparency then when it is selected why not run the old form of compression. One step forward and two steps back just isn’t the way to go, again just my opinion.
    I wonder under this new scheme what happens if you need to edit an existing gif89 file. If unable to edit, it would also limit those touchups to files from Xara 3D 4.0

[This message was edited by Mark Hanson on November 21, 2000 at 09:53 AM.]

Mark

We will have a think about this one.

Mark Goodall
    Xara Ltd

I hope that Xara Team can solve this.
    Waiting for it means using CorelXara2 to do a part of the job. I recommend to everybody to keep their old version if they want transparency.

Pedro [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I to would prefer the option to choose between size and a transaparent background.

For me the size would be less important then the feature to have a transparent background.

Modems keep getting faster and faster.

Regards ,
    Frits

I have DSL now... and pages that I would have never waited to load is not a problem now. I vote transparent backgrounds. Everyone else... hurry and get yer votes in before it's too late

PJ

No transparency option for a animation? I can't believe it!! I use animated gifs with transparent backgrounds all the time.