Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default NavBar/Menu gone in browser preview if ActiveX/Java enabled

Hi, I'm building a site in Dreamweaver MX. Inserted a NavBar / Menu created in Webstyle 4.

Bar/Menu shows up in Dreamweaver. It also shows up initially in Dreamweavers Browser preview too, but if I click on pop-up window to allow Java/Active X controls (so I can test mouse rollover & drop down menus) the
    Bar/Menu immediately disappears from sight (and site!).

I have all needed files saved within the Dreamweaver root folder, so everything’s in one place.

Any Ideas? Thanks..............Pete

I've included a partial screen shot, showing the bar in the Browser Preview, just before it would disappear if I clicked the YES "enable Active Content" button.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MenuProblemVSm.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	41030  

Default Re: NavBar/Menu gone in browser preview if ActiveX/Java enabled

You need to send all files to you your server, including your .html page, if that's what you are working with and also the files that were created by webstyle. Once done, try again. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Palikari View Post
    You need to send all files to you your server, including your .html page, if that's what you are working with and also the files that were created by webstyle. Once done, try again. Good luck
    Hi Palikari,

Thanks for your reply. I haven't been online for a few days, so sorry for the delay in replying.

I am working with Dreamweaver only "locally" at the moment. So the browser preview is opened through Dreamweaver, and using "local, on my computer" files only. So, there's no outside server for me to upload anything to yet. I just received a reply from Xara support too, although I haven't read it yet, maybe they can let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks again................Pete

I have since tried playing around with things a little more, and got it working in the Dreamweaver "browser preview".

I placed the Nav Bar / Menu in it's own little layer instead of having it share a larger layer with a jpeg image file. For some reason this worked and now all functions of the Nav Bar / Menu work in the preview browser.