Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Copying WS settings onto a new PC

How can i take my WS projects over to a new pc? i have tried this and it appears to be a major headache. i saved my project files and put them in the same directory and i can see the files, i just cant edit them. has anyone successfully done this and if so how?
    many thanks

Default Re: Copying WS settings onto a new PC

Hi
    Noticed your question had gone unanswered for a few days, I've not really got an answer for you other than to say I have transfered a Frontpage website using Webstyle4 menus to another PC and I didn't experience any real problems.
    I just installed the programs and copied the folder containing my site and graphics to the new PC. I had to point Frontpage in the right direction for a few details but I don't remember any major hurdles.
    Not much help but it may encourage you to persevere.
    Derek

Thanks for the reply. i had tried with my new laptop which had Vista on it and didnt get very far.
    i tried just now after going back to XP and set it all up again, copied the WStemplates folder across from the old installation to the new one and went to Dreamweaver to edit the navbar. As with the Vista try i could see the navbar project but none of the buttons on the left are available to allow me to edit the menu's etc.
    im stuffed if this sint possible as i have shed loads of navbars done this way, i really need to be able to transfer the settings, does anyone from xara ever look at this forum? what with it not working wiht DWCS3 which has been out for ages now, it seems that Webstyle isnt going forward at all.
    anyone got any suggestions ?
    thanks

Please see: How do I copy, migrate or move my Webstyle/Menu Maker templates so I can edit on more than one computer?

and

I cannot edit the Webstyle templates, the editing options are grayed out.

Quote Originally Posted by blackrat999 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. i had tried with my new laptop which had Vista on it and didnt get very far.
    i tried just now after going back to XP and set it all up again, copied the WStemplates folder across from the old installation to the new one and went to Dreamweaver to edit the navbar. As with the Vista try i could see the navbar project but none of the buttons on the left are available to allow me to edit the menu's etc.
    im stuffed if this sint possible as i have shed loads of navbars done this way, i really need to be able to transfer the settings, does anyone from xara ever look at this forum? what with it not working wiht DWCS3 which has been out for ages now, it seems that Webstyle isnt going forward at all.
    anyone got any suggestions ?
    thanks