Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Serial Number is Bad. Poor techincal support from Xara. Need help.

I purchased Graphics Studio Pro and after install, Xtreme Pro will not accept the serial number on the CD jewel case.

I reported to support via a ticket (Ticket ID: OAM-331518) and after receiving 4 single sentence responses from someone named Barbara, she decided there is nothing wrong with the serial number and my problem is no longer being addressed. 10 days have passed.

I paid good money for Graphics Studio Pro. I purchased well over three weeks before I received. Once received, I immediately installed. Once I recognized the problem I filed the ticket. Ten days have passed. I received three single sentence responses, of which I replied, and in the last Barbara only said the serial number looked fine. That was my last response from Xara and five days have passed. It appears I am now being rudely dismissed.

I called the software reseller and the customer service rep I spoke to is as shocked as I am by Xara's lack of response. However, unlike Xara, they have taken my problem seriously and ordered another Graphics Studio Pro. However, it will take yet another 3 weeks before I receive shipment.

Right now I am angry. I needed this software for a project I had to complete last weekend.

Can someone here please help me, and if you are unable, can you please explain why I have not been helped. Is ignoring user technical problems a common practice of Xara? Is it that you don't care about my problem, that you don't want to be bothered or is it that you don't believe me?

I await an answer from an admin.
    IP

Default Re: Serial Number is Bad. Poor techincal support from Xara. Need help.

I am not an admin, but Xara serial numbers have minus signs between groups of figures.
    I must type also the minus signs not only figures when you enter the serial code.

I hope it might help.

Luciano
    IP

Hi,

Not an admin either.
    You can log into your account at xaraonline.com
    there you will find the serial number,copy the complete line of text
    paste it in to the serialnr field when installing

Done

Hans
    IP

Is there the potential for confusion in that Xara Xtreme Pro and Xara Xtreme Pro 3.2 are different products and have different serial numbers? The number for one won't work in the other. Their serial numbers take the form XXP-nnnn-nnnn-nnnn and P32-nnnn-nnnn-nnnn respectively.

One possible scenario is that Xara have supplied you with the correct serial number but the wrong CD (mixing up Pro and Pro 3.2 one way or the other): there have been a few reports of human error when packing the envelopes in preparation for shipping.
    IP

Colleen,

Welcome. I am sorry to hear about your experiences and your dissatisfation with Xara Support.

However, these forums are run by 1 administrator and several moderators from around the world, all of whom are not Xara employers nor have any connection with Xara whatsoever.

Can someone here please help me, and if you are unable, can you please explain why I have not been helped. Is ignoring user technical problems a common practice of Xara? Is it that you don't care about my problem, that you don't want to be bothered or is it that you don't believe me?

I await an answer from an admin.
    Bearing in mind what I said, you will therefore not be able to get a response to the questions above within this forum.

Several members have come up with good ideas however and if you let us know how you're getting on hopefully we'll be able to resolve your problem.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Colleen,

As Egg mentioned, we are not Xara employed and cannot provide any official answer to your questions.

Looking at the contents list for Graphic Studio Pro on the Xara website. There are individual CDs for each of the applications and each will have it's own serial number. Which program is not recognising the serial number?

Xara Xtreme's serial number should begin with XXP-
    Unless the package included the most recent release version 3.2 which begins with P32-

Xara3D6's serial number begins with X3D-

Webstyle's serial number begins with XWS-
    Last edited by Soquili; 05 September 2007 at 03:29 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Colleen,

As Egg mentioned, we are not Xara employed and cannot provide any official answer to your questions.

Looking at the contents list for Graphic Studio Pro on the Xara website. There are individual CDs for each of the applications and each will have it's own serial number. Which program is not recognising the serial number?

Xara Xtreme's serial number should begin with XXP-
    Unless the package included the most recent release version 3.2 which begins with P32-

Xara3D6's serial number begins with X3D-

Webstyle's serial number begins with XWS-
    some great advice above ^ ^ ^ sometimes its something simple..........i should know i've made some simple mistakes lately. you got people here prepared to help, so as egg says let us know how you getting on
    IP