Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Webstyle and Vista

Im getting anew laptop this week which will come with Vista - will Webstyle work ?

Default Re: Webstyle and Vista

Hi blackrat999

I just tried installing WebStyle 4 on my Vista Ultimate install. The installation seemed to go okay, but when I try to launch the application, I get a message from WebStyle stating:

Failed to register the DLLs required by the program!

Bummer... Rick

Hi again

I may have been premature in my judgement. I found another thread at this link that coaxed me into right-clicking the link in my Start menu and choosing "Run as Administrator". When I tried this, Xara didn't give the error it did before and seems to be running now.

Cheers... Rick

Thanks Rick i will give it a go when the new toy arrives!
    cheers

ok got it to work thanks for that - i cant seem to get my "projects" to be recognised and editable though.
    i have saved all my project files and copied them across to the new install directory and i can get to them from dreamweaver, the nav bars come up but i cant edit them?
    anyone tried this please?
    cheers

Unless you are copying them to exactly the same location on the new machine, you will need to re-insert them into Dreamweaver.

Please see How do I re-insert my NavBar using Dreamweaver?

See also How do I copy, migrate or move my Webstyle/Menu Maker templates so I can edit on more than one computer?

Quote Originally Posted by blackrat999 View Post
    i cant seem to get my "projects" to be recognised and editable though.
    i have saved all my project files and copied them across to the new install directory and i can get to them from dreamweaver, the nav bars come up but i cant edit them?
    anyone tried this please?
    cheers