Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: XPE Cropping

The 'lock aspect' option on the XPE crop tool doesn't quite do what I'd expect. I thought that it would lock to the aspect ratio of the box I've drawn - instead it forces one of three ratios - 3:2, 4:3 or the original ratio, not the current ratio as I expected.

I'd like to draw out a crop area and then scale it proportionally - in XaraX clicking on the corner control handles does this. It seems a little counter-intuitive to make a similar function work differently in XPE.

Holding down the shift key while dragging the crop box scales from the centre - could holding down the ctrl key scale proportionatly?

A minor niggle on an otherwise wonderful program.

Geoff

The 'lock aspect' option on the XPE crop tool doesn't quite do what I'd expect. I thought that it would lock to the aspect ratio of the box I've drawn - instead it forces one of three ratios - 3:2, 4:3 or the original ratio, not the current ratio as I expected.

I'd like to draw out a crop area and then scale it proportionally - in XaraX clicking on the corner control handles does this. It seems a little counter-intuitive to make a similar function work differently in XPE.

Holding down the shift key while dragging the crop box scales from the centre - could holding down the ctrl key scale proportionatly?

A minor niggle on an otherwise wonderful program.

Geoff