Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xtreme 3.2 CDs shipping

The Xtreme 3.2 CD arrived in a very wet West London this morning (15 Aug).

The downloadable trial is dated 2nd July and the CD version is dated 13th July - see screenshot below.

It includes the Magix "Xtreme Photo" abhorrence as a non-optional default, uninstallable only as Masque pointed out by running
    C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Xtreme 3.2\XtremePhoto\uninstall.exe

The Xtreme Pro 3.2 CD had to fend for itself in a clear plastic sleeve with only the Release Notes pamphlet for company, but the Xtreme 3.2 CD is shipped in a proper CD jewel case. (That's not typed the wrong way round!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XX32.png 
Views:	391 
Size:	5.1 KB 
ID:	40615  

Default Re: Xtreme 3.2 CDs shipping

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    It includes the Magix "Xtreme Photo" abhorrence as a non-optional default, uninstallable only as Masque pointed out by running
    C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Xtreme 3.2\XtremePhoto\uninstall.exe
    I'm getting the impression that the Magix "Xtreme Photo" is regarded as somewhat offensive to most seasoned Xara users?
    Is this a fair statement?

<< I'm getting the impression that the Magix "Xtreme Photo" is regarded as somewhat offensive to most seasoned Xara users?
    Is this a fair statement? >>

Well, its some kind of unwanted adware, isn't it ?

Juergen

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I'm getting the impression that the Magix "Xtreme Photo" is regarded as somewhat offensive to most seasoned Xara users?
    Is this a fair statement?

Could be offended by the fact we don't get the choice whether to install it or not upfront - but actually I'm not I'm embarrassed - both by the 'xtreme photo' itself and for xara - this is not making them look good
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    Could be offended by the fact we don't get the choice whether to install it or not upfront - but actually I'm not I'm embarrassed - both by the 'xtreme photo' itself and for xara - this is not making them look good
    My major grip with magikxtremefoto was that it installed without asking and that it hid as far as uninstalling went. If it had asked I would have said yes to try it and it would most likely still be there if I was able to uninstall with out having to hunt down 'how too'.
    I certainly wouldn't open it if anyone was looking.
    It’s another example of Xara making less of its software than it deserves by convincing us all that they are producing Pro software and then insisting we all install a budget supermarket bargain bin photo editor. I'm waiting for the XaraMagik Xtreme Family Tree maker that installs along with MajicWebstyle4.5

Yes, got my CD + jewel case this morning. Ooh, I <heart> pressies!

The Majix Photo 7 thing is... well, it doesn't have any controls that are numbered in any way. You just slide sliders around and hope for the best.

For instance, in the 'Remove scratches and stains' section, you have 2 sliders labelled 'Radius' and 'Threshold'. By default, one is set at about 20% of the way along and the other at about 5% but there are no numbers on them and no scale.

So, what am I adjusting here? How can I replicate that over another image?

And the 'Correct image sharpness' section has just 3 settings: Light, Medium & Hard.

For the whole image? Ok, I try Medium... Yuk. Undo.

It's more Fischer-Price than Adobe.

I did a complete clean install of the shipping CD of XPP and although it installed the magix photo editor, XP defaulted to selecting XPE as its native choice.
    Glenn

Thumbs down Re: Xtreme 3.2 CDs shipping

The first thing I did was to remove Magix photo editor. I do find it offensive. I think that XPE should optional as well. Also when running the software for the first time it asks for the serial number but it is not on the CD or the sleeve.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by a4hire View Post
    when running the software for the first time it asks for the serial number but it is not on the CD or the sleeve.
    If you have Xtreme 3.2 there should be a small sticker on the back of your CD jewel case with your name and a number starting X32-

If you have Xtreme Pro 3.2 there should be a small sticker on the front of the Release Notes pamphlet with your name and a number starting P32-

If not, just log into your account at www.xara.com and the serial numbers are there.

Talking Re: Xtreme 3.2 CDs shipping

Quote Originally Posted by brianlj View Post
    Yes, got my CD + jewel case this morning. Ooh, I <heart> pressies!

* * * Edited since not commenting on ;-^)

It's more Fischer-Price than Adobe.

Jewel Case, Now I am jealous - I got the CDs in Plastic pouch, and Release Notes - All in Bubble Pack... I was hoping for those Shipping Plastics Xara Used Last Time -case live from Video Store... when I upgrade I was 'lead' to believe new manual...
    Tom - Hwy101