Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy bitmap fill frustration

please someone help me, maybe there is some option in registry to change bitmap fill behavior
    earlier i describe that bug, but still (in 3.2.3 version) nothing change

in short --
    1. create new shape
    2. make bitmap fill
    3. rotate or scale fill
    4. now change or edit bitmap
    same problem if just change bitmap

for me new 3.2 version useless without that feature

Default Re: bitmap fill frustration

I read your topic and thought I can still do that! so went into XPro,
    drew a rectangle:
    Selected the Fill tool, from the drop down menu picked Bitmap (default was filled)
    Rotated that fill, far to easy now
    Imported another bitmap and changed the fill to the new one
    Scaled that one

Every thing seemed to work easily and without hitch. Only thing that I would say that the bitmap handles from the first edit were left but this is a problem with my graphics card and not Xara's problem as the first re-draw they disappear. Or am I missing the whole point of your question?
    Design is thinking made visual.

Peter - the point, as I understand it, is that before if you replaced the bitmap then the original scale and rotation was preserved - now it is not

This is very important for those who use patterns a lot and simply want to change the bitmap and not the pattern itself - resetting the pattern can be a whole load of work

the last I heard there was no registry fix for this - but there is a work around [see EDIT below]

See this thread:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=28520

I am just thankful I have previous xara version installed that I can go back to if I need to, sorry when I need to

One of the problems of a really flexible program like xara I guess is that if you change something like this you are bound to upset the way some people work, its almost inevitable

Its more than just the usual grumble this - its mega annoying - its the removal of a very slick methodology that I had always considered one of xara's great assets.

EDIT - that said there is a work around if you drop bitmap from FILL gallery - see link above post #6
    Last edited by handrawn; 13 August 2007 at 08:56 AM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sorry Houran did not see last thread that seems silly. With this new version that Xara has produced keeps removing peoples comfort blanket that's three now which will me more work.
    Design is thinking made visual.