Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default tuts and help made easy

Hi,

For all of us who create tutorials(or want to)
    Thought posting it here,instead of in the off topic forum

http://www.jingproject.com/

Hans

Default Re: tuts and help made easy

That looks really cool. shows great possibilities.
    thanks,
    Glenn

Yes looks Great.

I wonder how it compares with YouTube? It looks great from here.

Seems it is free now and not even called "Beta" but a "project" because the concept of what this will be is still changing. At some point it will be a paid service but with better Rez than most free services...

Thanks for the post.
    Last edited by Bob C.; 11 August 2007 at 03:56 PM. Reason: added more info

What's the odds on it being in Google's stable before long?
    Anton

Looking at the video tutorial it looks very easy. However the problem with video in particular is the time it takes to upload. Of course this isn't shown in real time on their video.

A second thing I would warn about is that any files uploaded will only be accessable during the free period. At the end of thais period you will need to pay for it to be retained.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi,

I know there are other screen capturing programs(Camstasia,Wink)
    Jing comes with a share function at screencast but you don't need to put it there,you could easely host it yourself.
    With Wink it's a plus that you can edit the movie file and delete the frames that aren't usefull
    But Wink needs some setting up before capturing and Jing is click&go

I did made some suggestions to the Jing project people,like this
    It would be handy to have a channel system,like miro
    Then you could create a channel to youtube or other channel players(miro player can read from yahoo,youtube and more)
    http://www.getmiro.com/

Hans

Jing has clearly been designed to be user friendly for it's purpose (which is surprising), requiring the minimal effort by users. Below is a test to see whether you can embed the uploaded videos into TG:

http://www.screencast.com/t/_alf0wCkQRD

And you can! (albeit in a slightly convoluted manner - must log in to your screencast account, and visit the URL of your video, in the "Embedded media file", right click video.swf and copy link, and use that to paste as the link in TG following the instructions here).

It's a shame it's not free long term either - like YT was. This puts people off getting involved; it might have been better to have kept that quiet. There's also a 200MB limit to storage, and a 1GB bandwidth limit. swf files aren't that small, so it'll be interesting to see how quickly it is consumed. Buying a screencast account is expensive!
    Last edited by Xhris; 17 August 2007 at 07:00 PM.