Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

does any one have any info on closed path ojects and text created in PhotoImpact 5.IE,if you can import these into Cool3D,2.5. for further animation, it says that C3D 2.5 can import vector based graphics in the form of WMF,EMF.Can any one also tell me if you can import EPS files from illustrator into photoimpact5 & cool 3D 2.5 OR SHOULD I SAY how can i use these files in photoimpact5 & cool3d.
    lastly can any one tell me how best i can maintain scale when creating text for video in PHOTOIMPACT5, i have been using a project background size of 720x576 and arranging the text on that background then xporting the text as an object to save the alpha channell, but if i just have one word how ever it allways ends up at 720x576 and not to the proportions it was scaled to against the background. ps is thier any other way of saving an alpha channel in photoimpact5 thanks heaps Dave.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    IP

does any one have any info on closed path ojects and text created in PhotoImpact 5.IE,if you can import these into Cool3D,2.5. for further animation, it says that C3D 2.5 can import vector based graphics in the form of WMF,EMF.Can any one also tell me if you can import EPS files from illustrator into photoimpact5 & cool 3D 2.5 OR SHOULD I SAY how can i use these files in photoimpact5 & cool3d.
    lastly can any one tell me how best i can maintain scale when creating text for video in PHOTOIMPACT5, i have been using a project background size of 720x576 and arranging the text on that background then xporting the text as an object to save the alpha channell, but if i just have one word how ever it allways ends up at 720x576 and not to the proportions it was scaled to against the background. ps is thier any other way of saving an alpha channel in photoimpact5 thanks heaps Dave.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    IP

I've been using PImpact for years it can export vector graphics only in WMF format(even if I never tried), but in version 5 you can import *.AI files (not EPS)and render them as full editables objects as any path in PI. In Cool3D 2.5 you can import only WMF vectors (not EPS) but I think that v3.0 has new and improved features(as an Internal Path editor).
    To save images with alpha you can use this method:

1-Create you text
    2-Drag this object out of the windows
    holding SHIFT and M keys
    3-This creates your Grayscale Alpha image
    4-Return to your first image and select EDITUNDO
    5-Your Text reappears, so merge it with the background
    6-Load the selection SELECTIONIMPORT choosing "open image(s)" in the dialog box (there is a small picture)
    7-Save this as *.TGA

I hope you have no more problems!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Mordekay
    IP

Hi mordekay, thanks for taking time out got the scaling thing sorted ( draging of the page ) no probs but am unsure of the load, selection/import
    dont seem to have the open images option ill have to keep playing, thanks again Dave!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    IP