Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi, I'm trying to add a (somewhat transparent) background to a picture. How in the world do I do this?
    IP

Hi, I'm trying to add a (somewhat transparent) background to a picture. How in the world do I do this?
    IP

I'm not an expert but I think you first open your background image. Then open the foreground image and copy the foreground to the pasteboard. Then switch to the background and past AS A LAYER (Control-L). Move the layer around and then crop the image as large (or small) as you want and you can then export.

Jon
    Jon
    IP

Anobeak, if "somewhat transparent" means only part of the background comes through the main picture, then you'll have to do some manipulation of the main picture using the mask feature. The main picture would be on a layer above the background you're inserting.

Chapter 12 of the manual explains masks, but this is another one of those features where the documentation accompanying PSP is lacking. There are lots of books on the market providing a more thorough explanation of masks as applied to other programs such as Photoshop and Photo-Paint. The concepts are the same.

Spend some time experimenting with masks in PSP. You'll be amazed at what you can do!

Bob
    IP

Thanks guys. Jon. your suggestion worked, except how do I get rid of the negitive space {white} around my forground image so that all that shows around it is the background?
    IP