Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PDF export as separation

I'd like to send a pdf file to the printer for 4 color printing. That means a 4 color separation. Xara has the PDF/X preset for using with printers, but I don't see any option for separation output. When I print through the CutePDF printer the separations appear fine in Acrobat Reader, but not when I export from Xara.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Les

Default Re: PDF export as separation

Are you sure you have to make color separation at your end? It's kind of non-sense to me... Maybe they meant just CMYK PDF file?
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

Alex,

Thanks for your comments. I followed up with the printer and, no, I don't have to do the separations. With a previous printer they wanted me to do them. So I'm clear. But I guess I'm still confused as to why Xara doesn't do it when Draw and others will. Or how does it do it and I'm just missing something.

Les

Press the Options button in the Print dialog to get to the Seps tab. To create the seps in a pdf, you'll have to print to the pdf converter/generator (Acrobat, Jaws, whatever).

Don't use one of the freebie converters. They're not designed for professional work.

I suspect that the Seps tools have not been included in the pdf filter because most printers do the seps these days. I haven't needed to do them for anything other than PMS jobs in several years.