Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thumbs down Threads deleted, merged and generally trashed.

Yesterday, I started a new thread. From memory, it was called "Yep. I still hate the new Spacebar action."

I'm having to use my memory of what it was called because it appears to have been deleted.

Futhermore, when I looked for my response to a msg in the thread: "Remember Settings in new XX Pro?" I was astonished to see that it appears that I started this thread and said lots of things in it -- which I certainly did NOT.

I don't really mind when moderators merge threads (but I would like to be told), and I even don't mind when they delete things if they're irrelevant (but I certainly DO want to be told.)

However, I will not have remarks attributed to me when they're not.

Please change the thread "Remember Settings in new XX Pro?" so that the individual msgs within it are attributed to the correct persons and not just to me.

Default Re: Threads deleted, merged and generally trashed.

Brian,

I messed up these threads. No posts were deleted. I had already placed an apology under the one long post which is attributed to you. Unfortunately, unlike Xtreme, there is no undo button, so it's not possible to reset the individual postings. I spent considerable time trying to split the posts with lines so they made more sense, but it often wasn't easy to see were one post ended and another began. I can only apologies again and say that I've added a header to the post explaining that the contents is all yours.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 31 July 2007 at 01:56 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Threads deleted, merged and generally trashed.

Apology accepted and, as I can see that there's no easy way to get the original posts back again, it's probably best left with that explanation at the top of the "Remember settings.." thread.

And in that case, you may want to delete this "Threads deleted, merged..." thread as it now redundant.

As you say, oh for an undo, eh?