Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: What are these lines

Exactly high contrast and only horizontal lines and shapes.

funny that only the right side of line or shapes show this ghost not the left side.

But anyways it does not upset me, as long as it does not appear on my design work then i am ok.

Maybe I should have bought the viewsonic monitor.

hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    There's something bizarre about looking for a white line at the end of a black bar which itself sits on a white background!l
    It to me looks like a 'ghost' gray bar a few millimeters after the end of black area is causing what's looking like a white bar. I was a bit surprised to see it on my CRT (reasonable quality, but quite old, iiyama vision master pro 454), which is partually why I assumed it was on JPEG export.

It's not really that surprising that it happens only on the right-hand end since that's the direction that the screen is scanned (and maybe more importantly in your case, the image is transmitted from your graphics card)! As someone else suggested it may be worth trying using DVI if this is an option with your monitor\graphics card. This should eliminate one possible source of the ringing (see the video heading in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringing which describes exactly what your reporting)

Luke, if it is a matter of monitor then really in my art work that will not appear to print?

I guess not. Then I am ok with it.

I have seen the same effect, trying to design an invoice form. It should be a matematical approximation effect of the drawing. I have always fixed zooming at around 16500% and FINE TUNING the lines. Zooming back at 100% it should go away. If not please post the .XAR file.

I would imagine it is possible to get the same type of effect (ringing) when sent to print, but printers use much smaller dots (150 - 300 or better DPI) compared to a monitors 96 DPI... You would need a magnifying glass to see it most of the time.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook