Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default A New Export/Import Chart

I really like to suggest for someone, Maybe Gary or other users here, that all exports and imports from and within xtreme pro to and from Adobe products can be documented. This way users can have a chart that they will go by and not by experimenting.

For example:

I love for Gary be the moderator, maybe we can start a thread and everyone can contribute and at the end we can all compile the data into a user friendly chart.

What do you think?

Default Re: A New Export/Import Chart

different features transfer differently between programs and versions. What might transfer properly as 1 color might not as a contone much less as 4 color. It all depends on the piece.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

I am more concerned with what files will open, export or import compatible.

I can sympathize and understand why you think there should be a chart like this but till you talk to your printer and DISCUSS what you are trying to achieve as John states the chart will be huge. Yes printing can be fun (sarcasm) when coming from a programme which is predominately an RGB programme into CMYK but it is hugely easier now and you should find a printer who will listen and pass info on to you on how he thinks you want it printed. Then you come back on how you want it printed, it is a discussion and of course money comes into it. Using Xpro and exporting your drawing in PDF/X while using CMYK template is not that hard to require a chart but as I stated before it requires a printer who will listen and conversely you have to listen to what your printer states.
    Design is thinking made visual.

It does not nessicarrily have to be a print shop for differences. I have several types of printers in my office, and depending on the artwork, I can get a different look from each type of office printer. The person at the printshop knows what will and will not look good coming out of thier equipment. sometimes (translated as most times) you have to stand on your head to get it to print properly, but thing are not perfect yet...

I wonder if they ever will?
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Thank you guys, it is not necessarily just CMYK and pdf, I got those down pat, but rather all export and imports, or lets say the one used most often.

I am referring to compatibility issues from one program to the other.
    For example we know that adobe illustrator files exported from xara have limitations or simply will not open in illustrator.

Things of this nature. Or Tif when exported from xara if exported at 24 bit compared to tif CMYK option, The 24 bit will not carry the cmyk values (for opening in adobe illustrator or photoshop) tif CMYK export keeps that data better.

Hi wabbit

A chart eh? Hummmm.....

Required:

Volunteer[s] to do this
    Voluteer[s] to maintain it
    Voluteer[s] to explain why it is never up to date and all depends

I agree with Albacore - talk to the printer for print jobs [printing is an art - it aint just 'push button and go' ]

I keep my own notes, and maintain them based on personal experience and asking around. I feel I can rely on these, and like most people here will gladly share what I can when asked.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Talking Re: A New Export/Import Chart

Hi green eyes. Thanks
    I will be here when i encounter a problem you can bet on that
    :P