Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Aplying Contour to multiple objects?

I have several shapes I want to apply Contour to with specific colors. Is there any way to apply the contour to multiple objects, while keeping the shapes separate?

Here's what I've tried so far, no avail:
    - Copy/pasting attributes. Contour isn't copied with them.
    - Selecting all the shapes and applying Contour to them simultaneously. It seemed to work, but the Contour was only applied to the shape selected first. Also, I couldnt select the contour object to change its fill color afterwards.
    - Joining the shapes together, then applying Contour. It worked, but I can't Break the shapes back to separate shapes now (so that I could tweak each Contour individually)

What should I do?

Default Re: Aplying Contour to multiple objects?

Hi,

Just tried(pro3.2.2),select multiple objects>apply contour>click outside canvas>select object1>you'll see only object1 selected and moveable.
    Select the contour only>apply different colour>done

Hans

Thanks!

Funny, seems to work correctly when I tried it again after posting this message. I wonder what went wrong the first time?

This happens a lot. I have no idea why. Something really weird happens and then just as you are asking why, it works the way it is supposed to.

A lot of times it's better to save your drawing and close Xara. Then open Xara, open your file and start over.

Or start over on a new page.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    This happens a lot.
    Yes, a lot. I've long thought that Xtreme was learning from its mistakes (at least on occasion.)

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    This happens a lot.
    I get other occasional oddities too.

Sometimes the contours change and lose parts when I move the object (this happens especially with inner contour), they flicker on and off.

And sometimes when I draw a new freehand line, it's completely invisible, and there's no way to make it visible. I've checked the line and fill colors, line width and brush type, transparency, feathering and which layer the line is on, no avail. But pasting attributes from a visible object makes it visible.

Lucky these happen pretty rarely.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaven252 View Post
    I get other occasional oddities too.

Sometimes the contours change and lose parts when I move the object (this happens especially with inner contour), they flicker on and off.

And sometimes when I draw a new freehand line, it's completely invisible, and there's no way to make it visible. I've checked the line and fill colors, line width and brush type, transparency, feathering and which layer the line is on, no avail. But pasting attributes from a visible object makes it visible.

Lucky these happen pretty rarely.
    one of my 'favorites' is the invisible object: I created a vector in inkscape and use pdf to import it into xara. Sometimes the object does not show on the screen - toggle through objects with tab I can find it - zoom out, to say 10%, I can see it - zoom back 'gone' again visually.

could be the graphics card maybe - but who knows - like you say rare, fortunately.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...