Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: theatre poster

Default Re: theatre poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Macintosh View Post
    I like it all very much except that 'Noor'. For me that part just isn't working. My reaction may just be one to the font. I imagine it was chosen because of its fluidity in relation to dance. If there's still time, I'd suggest thinking more about 'the light' aspect and less about fluidity. Perhaps there's a better balance between the two. I do find the final colour of that 'Noor' more pleasing than the earlier version.

I think you did a great job of incorporating all the secondary text and logos.

Regards, Ross
    No its not to late as its not finalised yet. There is another important logo to be placed in the top left hand corner. Noor and some other text was to have originaly followed a spiral path but that became impractical as the amount of text seemed to grow. Until the top left hand corner is occupied I can't tell if Noor will be detached from the spiral remnant or not. Thats what makes it so interesting, the way the addition or removal of elements effects the whole.
    Derek

This really caught my eye. I like the composition, and especially the way the photo was stylized. I would guess it was done with a posterization filter, but I'm curious about your mention of 'vector shapes and textured sections on top'. I haven't worked with photos much, but I'd like to be able to create a similar effect. Would you mind adding some details about how you achieved this look?

Ned

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Addie View Post
    This really caught my eye. I like the composition, and especially the way the photo was stylized. I would guess it was done with a posterization filter, but I'm curious about your mention of 'vector shapes and textured sections on top'. I haven't worked with photos much, but I'd like to be able to create a similar effect. Would you mind adding some details about how you achieved this look?

Ned
    I've attached a line version to show the drawing and the original photo (of the scantily clad ladies for John).
    The photo was basically faded with transparency and overdrawn with flat areas of colour added to cover the original with a little mehdi natural grain for texture. This then overlaid with areas of fractal transparency and more drawn detail.
    It’s a combination of lucky accidents and repeated attempts to obtain the look I (we) wanted, not a precisely constructed thing, in fact exactly the opposite, like most drawings I do in fact.
    (Revised version with Noor title different and final logo added).

Derek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	line.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	211.0 KB 
ID:	40257   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	40258  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	noor.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	246.6 KB 
ID:	40259  
    Last edited by masque; 29 July 2007 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    I've attached a line version to show the drawing and the original photo (of the scantily clad ladies for John).
    The photo was basically faded with transparency and overdrawn with flat areas of colour added to cover the original with a little mehdi natural grain for texture. This then overlaid with areas of fractal transparency and more drawn detail.
    It’s a combination of lucky accidents and repeated attempts to obtain the look I (we) wanted, not a precisely constructed thing, in fact exactly the opposite, like most drawings I do in fact.
    (Revised version with Noor title different and final logo added).

Derek
    looks good, but you could also read OOZ, I just did something, hope you don`t get mad, I know that some don`t like it when others "hijack" their
    stuff, but I found it easier to show then to say it in words, so apologise me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	noor.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	40265  
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Quote Originally Posted by ankhor View Post
    looks good, but you could also read OOZ, I just did something, hope you don`t get mad, I know that some don`t like it when others "hijack" their
    stuff, but I found it easier to show then to say it in words, so apologise me.
    Or ZOO?

To quote Fred Flintstone...

"Oh yeah! bring on the dancing girls..."

Thanks Derek!
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook