Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Name Gallery Bug

Was just going through Xhris's Name Gallery Tutorial (Thanks Xhris!) when I came across this bug in XX (not Pro):

You can select Font Name in the Used Font section and it will select the text. However when you select the circle in front of the font again, it will not deselect the text. You have to click on an empty area of the document to deselect the text.

Can someone verify this?

Also (don't know if it is supposed to work this way or not) when you click on some text in the document it shows a full red circle in the Name Gallery, when you click on the circle in the Gallery it shows a half red circle. Clicking in the Gallery seems to select the text only. Clicking on the text selects the text and the text container. This is the way it worked in 2.0 also, except that a full red circle was always displayed in the Name Gallery.

Default Re: Name Gallery Bug

Quote Originally Posted by Robert H View Post
    Was just going through Xhris's Name Gallery Tutorial (Thanks Xhris!) when I came across this bug in XX (not Pro):

You can select Font Name in the Used Font section and it will select the text. However when you select the circle in front of the font again, it will not deselect the text. You have to click on an empty area of the document to deselect the text.

Can someone verify this?

Also (don't know if it is supposed to work this way or not) when you click on some text in the document it shows a full red circle in the Name Gallery, when you click on the circle in the Gallery it shows a half red circle. Clicking in the Gallery seems to select the text only. Clicking on the text selects the text and the text container. This is the way it worked in 2.0 also, except that a full red circle was always displayed in the Name Gallery.
    Yeah, I can confirm all these. I came across them all while writing, and earlier. Because it doesn't appear to have ever really been used extensively, any bugs in the Name gallery haven't really been filtered out. The latter bug I've also reported too.